Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
Mel, 'old scrap stuff' is exactly the right stuff to use. Especially if it is pre-Atomic age - ie, before 1945, as most of it is. My hoard of scrap is from a Victorian shop canopy and, legally-acquired, from a church re-roofing. The old stuff having been relocated by a bunch of itinerant lead re-locators, the parish council took the bold decision to stop funding the care-free/tax-free travelling lifestyle of the thieves by installing this new frawk 'lead' substitute. It is totally useless for anything else other than making into thin sheets of waterproof roofing, as it has a melting point even lower than Cerosafe.

I'd be VERY grateful to see a couple of your bullets - .577" is the nominal size anyhow, as they get paper-patched when making them up into the official Enfield cartridge.

You might even have my address? If not, please PM me when convenient.
I'll make a few up for you when I get some time. I've just had a look at some notes I made a while since and they measured up at .565 which seems to be three thou less than the specification size for the Pritchett of this style with the radiused concave base as opposed to the plug base.
Mel.