I appreciate I am replying on a very old thread but having recently bought a Park RH93 in .177 I thought I'd make it re- surface.
My rifle is also in very nice condition only marred by a bit of 'smudged bluing' on the cocking lever where moisture crept in under the sling swivel mount. Only small and doesn't affect the performance of the gun. The stock on mine is a RH walnut sporter which is useable by me as a lefty but I'd clearly like to find a proper LH stock preferably the walnut thumbhole but walnut sporter would be a result too.
I agree with most of the comments on the original thread starter although a)my trigger is fine and b) my safety catch is quite stiff in use probably because the rifle has seen little use. However I find the cocking effort considerable. I'm not a wally-I can cock a Theoben Eliminator with greater ease than I can the Park. The cocking lever is very short and if the rifle was still in production I would suggest that some form of matching cocking lever extension would be a good idea along the lines of the BSA Scorpion air pistol. As it is we must realise that the rifle has 2 pistons and the Whiscombe -arguably a similar rifle with horizontally opposed pistons- requires 2 strokes of the lever to cock the legal limit models and THREE to cock the FAC model JW80.
The rifle performs very well. It is 'spot on' accurate and is totally inert. Given the ritual involved in cocking and loading it isn't really suitable for field use but as a club gun it is great and can hold its own with even the best precharged rifles.
All in all an interesting -if a bit quirky- addition to my collection of self powered rifles.