Hi all,

I dont really have much to do with air rifles these days and sold a lot of my small collection a couple of years ago, kept a few though (Like my grandfathers BSA CS model, Park RH93, Webley mark 3. Webley Premier and a Smith and wesson 79G) but there has always been one air rifle I have wanted ever since I saw one online back in 2017. And that is a improved model britannia. And I am glad to say that I have finnaly got one. And yes it was the one for sale in the Holts November auction last month.

There was actually another improved model britannia at auction a couple of weeks prior to the one at holts, same caliber but the finish on it was more well worn. I put a bid but lost out on it as it went for £500 (not a bad price mind you). Luckily I learnt from this and upped my bid for the one at the holts auction and I won it.. for £500 (Plus fees of course). So I am very happy.

Just arrived this morning and it is in lovely condition, not perfect but thats to be expected of a 113 year old! Fishing looks nice and there are a few spots where it has worn down but overall very nice condition. And of course the first thing I did with it was take it into the back garden and shoot it, I can see why it did not catch on since it is very cumberson to cock and load (I seem to recall they came with a pellet pusher when new? Ill have to make something myself to mimick this). But it shoots very well.

To me I think its a much better rifle than the Britannia (Controversal I know) even with its unorthodox cocking method. Not that the Britannia is a bad rilfe (the opposite actually) but I prefer the improved model to the gem style the original britannia is based off.
I did have a Britannia rifle a few years back but it was worn and missing its rear sight, thankfully this one is complete and all functioning very well.

Overall I am very happy with it and I think its a keeper!

Here are some photos I have taken, though the ones on Holts website are much better!

https://imgur.com/gallery/nrhtkuY