Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
I would love to shoot one of these to compare to an original Britannia, how is it to shoot? Has it got a reasonable trigger how fiddly is it to get a pellet in without the pellet probe?
I did shoulder an improved model once and thought the sights weren’t in the optimum position for standing shots, but I understand they were best suited for prone shooting.

Sounds like you got a good price for one in nice original condition, congrats.

Cheers,
Matt
It is nice to shoot, trigger feels good and tight. Bit heavy maybe but I like it. I think the sights are good for me. It is very fiddly to get a pellet in without a probe or something to push the pellet down (I have to fiddle about and shake the gun to get the pellet in correctly, if you try to close the breech whilst the pellet is improperly sat, you damage the skirt of the pellet, so its a bit of a faff), this to me is the worst part of this great rifle such an odd design choice.

I can see why they were not commerically sucessful, well over engineered and complicated at the time when you had the Lincoln Jeffries/BSA models. But defiantly one that should be on every collecters bucket list!