Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Arms Precihole Indian Partnership

Air Arms Precihole Indian Partnership

Been watching some 2024 Shooting show stuff.

Air Arns X200 Range and partnership with Indian manufacture Precihole

https://youtu.be/91nnk-4Ytfk?si=hKI7OuJOFeqWEeye

Seems these X200 range are the S200 replacement but I also note Precihole also manufacture springers.

https://www.air-arms.co.uk/news/air-...le-sports.html

I really doubt there will be a pro elite mk2 now if this new partnership will include Precihole springers.

It’s not a manufacture I’ve ever heard of before and I feel a little mixed with emotions about it but hopefully it will be a good thing especially with more model choices I guess.

Long established uk company allies itself to a cheaper manufacturer abroad and slaps its names on their inferior products. Call me cynical but it’s Webley all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Long established uk company allies itself to a cheaper manufacturer abroad and slaps its names on their inferior products. Call me cynical but it’s Webley all over again.
    Yeah Chris, unfortunately my mixed feelings are certainly swinging that way

I hope I’m wrong though as it would be awful to see AA go diluted and end up not just like Webley but Diana as well

The Precihole guns have caught my interest earlier, they seem to have an interesting combination of features:
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....5855-Precihole

AA have rebranded good guns earlier, so I'm hopeful that this might be an opportunity to finally see the Precihole springers here in Europe.
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    The Precihole guns have caught my interest earlier, they seem to have an interesting combination of features:
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....5855-Precihole

AA have rebranded good guns earlier, so I'm hopeful that this might be an opportunity to finally see the Precihole springers here in Europe.
    Interesting evert,

It’s not a brand I’ve ever heard of before.

Just had a look at the precihole website they actually look fairly good I hope you are right with the rebranding of good guns as the CZ200 as we all know was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Interesting evert,

It’s not a brand I’ve ever heard of before.

Just had a look at the precihole website they actually look fairly good I hope you are right with the rebranding of good guns as the CZ200 as we all know was superb.
    IF they can make good money on rebranding imported guns of good quality, it might be a needed move to keep the company alive in today's economy.
    Lets just hope the Precihole guns are good, and that AA also keeps the local production going.
    Too many airguns!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    IF they can make good money on rebranding imported guns of good quality, it might be a needed move to keep the company alive in today's economy.
    Lets just hope the Precihole guns are good, and that AA also keeps the local production going.
    Absolutely

Indian in origin.
    They had a break barrel rammer that does 20Joule, don't see the point myself.
    They do a spring version, supposed to be better quality than the budget offerings.

Air Arms are not branding these guns, just the importer and distributer.

They haven't got any. They don't know the prices.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Indian in origin.
    They had a break barrel rammer that does 20Joule, don't see the point myself.
    They do a spring version, supposed to be better quality than the budget offerings.

Air Arms are not branding these guns, just the importer and distributer.

They haven't got any. They don't know the prices.
    Crikey 20J Rammer I’m still getting over a sub 12 Fenman hernia

2 years from now I wouldn’t be surprised to see most of there range all rebranded as AA models

Or at least a Break Barrel Indian/AA collaboration I’d put money on it

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    TX200 Hunter Carbine Beech right handed is £719.00. Add in a reasonable scope mounts and accessories and 20 tins of pellets and that is £1000.

It's rather a lot to invest in a sport if you are not sure you'll get serious about it.

So a budget line of springers might bring in more customers to AA in time.

I don't really like the name Precise Hole but thats because I've been in Scotland for a while. Also the rifles have that 'trying too hard' look to them that you don't get with HW or Diana. Hmm.

Precihole

Precihole manufacture the sights fitted to Air Arms MPR Precision 10 metre air rifles, the sights let down the gun and are not worth purchasing/need replacing asap.
    I'm also into tractor restoration, many replacement non genuine parts are made in India and are a pain to make fit and are avoided by most enthusiasts for this reason.
    I'd be surprised if guns made in India are any better.

Indian guns of any kind (like their cars and motorbikes) haven’t historically had a great reputation. To put it mildly.

Of course we should keep an open mind, and maybe AA’s involvement will bear dividends in terms of quality.

But not holding my breath.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Meh... just a ploy to keep AA rifles in their market position selling over-priced 'high end' guns and 'special editions' to those easily impressed by such gimmicks.

Meaning they'd find it difficult to get market share in the budget end where Gamo and Chinese PCP's dominate without devaluing their own products.
    So instead they'll just re-sell the Pie-Hole range of guns...

Sorry AA, not interested...I'd rather buy a Gamo that was made by a British company here thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Meh... just a ploy to keep AA rifles in their market position selling over-priced 'high end' guns and 'special editions' to those easily impressed by such gimmicks.

Meaning they'd find it difficult to get market share in the budget end where Gamo and Chinese PCP's dominate without devaluing their own products.
    So instead they'll just re-sell the Pie-Hole range of guns...

Sorry AA, not interested...I'd rather buy a Gamo that was made by a British company here thanks.
    Well... I wouldn't buy BSA/Gamo stuff cos I know it's crap. Now I won't buy be buying new AA stuff cos I have reasonable grounds to believe it's crap. I wait to be proven wrong. (I would like to state on record I have been well impressed, historically by 2x s200s that I've owned and an s310. I've never been impressed by anything bsa that I've owned)
    I hope this isn't the first step in an AA sellout.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Anothermiss View Post
    Well... I wouldn't buy BSA/Gamo stuff cos I know it's crap. Now I won't buy be buying new AA stuff cos I have reasonable grounds to believe it's crap. I wait to be proven wrong. (I would like to state on record I have been well impressed, historically by 2x s200s that I've owned and an s310. I've never been impressed by anything bsa that I've owned)
    I hope this isn't the first step in an AA sellout.
    We have very different experiences obviously.
    I have an AA S200 and a Gamo Coyote Tactical...and the Gamo is super little rifle even compared to the S200 (which isn't actually an AA's product - its CZ) and its far from being crap.
    There are hundreds of Phox, Coyote, GX40, GX250 owners out there as well who I know rate theirs too.