Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
aye i know BUT you have increased weight, I did an LGV piston here for an 80 with 30mm nose that weighed 230g 70mm stroke, 50g lighter than where you are at... which means you can tune the piston weight now with steel or brass tophat etc or use acetal to keep the weight down.

get drilling some holes or thin it down some more.

Alloy body, threaded skirt, steel bearing band on the back loctited on (hardened steel) may be the best bet
Absolutely no chance! Don't forget I'm at 60mm stroke not 70mm. my first mod was at 68mm! I'm heading for 50mm & I feel you can go to light. there comes a time when you get diminishing returns & I feel it's far sooner than the theories may suggest.

Anyway I have not increased weight the original piston was well over 300gms 340ish iirc?

The lighter the piston the more spring/pre-load, I know this you know it & others on here have been finding out....I put a thread on here some time ago HOW MUCH PRE-LOAD IS TOO MUCH but deleted it because it attracted mostly uneducated responses.

Untill I have more of my own data it remains as is...anyway you haven't shot it! I had a chap here today with his shooting mate from Liverpoll trying it & they were absolutely blown away with how it shot.......the one lad has had rifles tuned at all the best tuning houses as well!

No nothing radical, a bit at a time will do!