Hi JP, thank you for your reply, it seems to confirm what I've read on various sites, but it's nice to hear it first hand . I was thinking of getting (once I get my FAC) a .36 Colt Navy and a .44 Remmington New Model Army, mainly because I like the look of them (I also like the Walker Colt,but can't afford the gym membership to build up the muscles I would need to hold and shoot it )
I'm not really bothered about having a target model with adjustable sights, as I'm quite used to aiming off, as a Browning 9mm Hi Power hasn't got adjustable sights and I used one quite a lot while doing my time in the Army
and anyway, I like a challenge
There is a hell of a lot of stuff you need to learn to shoot muzzle loaders, I never realised it was so involved, which I must admit I would enjoy more. As when I was shooting with cartridge pistols, everything was very clinical, ie, load your cartridges into the cylinder, or magazine, shoot at your targets, (get laughed at by your mates and scowled at by the range officer )
Pick up your brass, give your weapon a quick pull through and put it away in the armoury. With ML's, there's so much more to do, which suits me down to the ground
I hope everything turns out OK tomorrow, when we go for our 1st visit to the club, then it's the usual 6 month probation, then apply for my FAC.

Thanks again JP, it was very helpful. I doubt if I would be shooting heavy loads anyway, as age and 14 yrs in the Army are taking their toll on my poor old bod

p.s. I will probably go for steel frames, just to be on the safe side and in case I fancy making lots of noise & smoke !!!

All the best
Baz