From experience, the HW silencer seems the best commercially available silencer i've tried on most guns, I have recently been making different baffles to go inside of them and they do seem to improve the resonance noise a bit. my only way of checking Db's is a cheap app for my phone, crude i know but it gives some indication.

I've also got a hogan decimeater, a swift, a logun QGS", a standard HW and 2 'improved HW silencers as well as some i've been working on. nearly all have metal washers for baffles which are set for a .22 so on a .177 they allow a bit more air past the central hole.

I usually replace the metal washers with some coned delrin ones which does improve them as does replacing the accoustic felt with some thicker quality stuff.

I've made a few custom parts for people on here and other forums and they've been happy with the results but to date i've never made a bespoke one for myself........YET!.

Just this evening i had a go at modding a hw silencer to work like the huggett, just to see how it worked and after a few teething troubles it's working fine. with the phone app it's the same as the QGS2 and 2db quieter that the standard hw but not as quiet as my other modded HW?????? works in progress i'd say!

PAUL