Quote Originally Posted by harry palmer View Post
Baz,I don`t mean to be rude ,but can I ask you why should you have to do this on a £300 rifle?, it wouldn`t be "rocket science" for BSA to produce a nicer and better finished product in the first place.Lets face it; another 35-40 pounds would get you a well-solid HW95K screw cut with a Silencer.

regards

Palmer
No problem Palmer

I much prefer a well tuned XL Tactical to the HW95, they could produce a seperate stock for the XL and I expect they may well do, but I bought it for £250 brand new (I am a RFD but this wasnt the trade price) so shop around

And HWs all need fettling to make them shoot properly, in fact these days I view HW springers as good donor rifles, and they shouldnt need tuning really should they and they are over £300, AA springers are already tuned, just need better lube

If HW did a 95 that had similar stock to the XL Tactical, same short carbine length and at same price then it would be on my fav list too, but they dont , I have cut them down to 10 inch barrel and fitted reflex type overbarrel silencer which makes them a lot handier but the std Beech stocks are pretty awful

So all that said the XL Tactical is really a bit of a bargain especially if you dont mind a little work to sweeten it up, a couple of hours will make it into a really lovely little carbine with one of the best stocks around

Do they make an add on silencer for them? I have tried a cut down HW one on it which makes it almost silent but still too long, I like the look of the std version but its more of a cocking aid than silencer

I will add I have been tuning air rifles for 40 years so I aint exactly a beginner