Thread: inherited vintage air rifles and spares help needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    I just hope something can be sorted so everyone is happy, Bat gets the price he wants, which seems an excellent price IMHO and the amassed parts then get sold on to us at a decent mark up for the guy who has £1500 to spare. But there is a lot of work sorting that lot out for some one, so maybe a large mark up would be fair to the buyer. Problem is, most of us have Champagne taste, but only beer money to spend . A lot of the parts I saw on those photo's are highly desirable to a lot of guys on here and we haven't seen what stocks there are yet. But there's also bound to be a lot of those bits n pieces that are more or less worthless or next to worthless at least. I would still dearly like to see this ''Treasure hoard'' in its entirety even if none of it ends up in my grubby little hands .
    Last edited by Grayling; 06-02-2012 at 09:39 AM.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    I just hope something can be sorted so everyone is happy, Bat gets the price he wants, which seems an excellent price IMHO and the ammassed parts then get sold on to us at a decent mark up for the guy who has £1500 to spare. But there is a lot of work sorting that lot out for some one, so maybe a large mark up would be fair to the buyer. Problem is, most of us have Champagne taste, but only beer money to spend . A lot of the parts I saw on those photo's are highly desireable to a lot of guys on here and we haven't seen what stocks there are yet. But theres also bound to be a lot of those bits n pieces that are more or less worthless or next to worthless at least. I would still dearly like to see this ''Treasure hoard'' in its entirety even if none of it ends up in my grubby little hands .
    ^^^ My thoughts put into words ^^^. You've had sound advice from the great, the good and the extremely knowledgeable. Everyone with an interest in this sort of thing ( not tucked up in a Trappist monastery anyway) must surely be aware of your hoard by now so I think you'll simply have to make your mind up. Toss a coin - and then see how you feel about the result. It works for me.

To sum up - maximum profit versus minimum effort , or a combination thereof , target contentment .

Good luck with that !
    ATVB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Gary makes a good point Bat. If you've now decided to sell the parts as a single lot, you'll need to illustrate more clearly what is there. From what I've heard there's quite a lot more than appears in the pics on this thread and it would certainly help someone work out more closely what sort of margin they could make if they bought the lot.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before:
    Have you considered taking a load along to the sale event being organised in Sutton Coldfield on 1 July? Details are around on the forum. Although I guess this may mean a little legwork to set some prices .... But then some attendees may help you on the day as well.
    Cheers, Phil

I know I'm getting old and have had way to many blows to the head over the years, thought I was going senile there for a bit, yet when I logged on this morning I could've sworn there were a lot more posts on this thread than there are now . Whats happened to some of the posts .

Gareth oh vernerable and hallowed MOD of collectables and beyond, can you see whats happened here.
    Last edited by Grayling; 06-02-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    I have a feeling that the OP stated a price for the lot, making it into sales thread technically. As such, I suspect related posts may have gone bye-bye
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

i deleted a post which did say that paul as not to get thrown off.

Quote Originally Posted by paul4be View Post
    I have a feeling that the OP stated a price for the lot, making it into sales thread technically. As such, I suspect related posts may have gone bye-bye

Ye that makes perfect sense, they are the posts that have vanished.