Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT - Round 10 Results

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Exclamation Sussex Interclub HFT - Round 10 Results

Hi All

Well, what a day!!!

Given the almost total lack of breeze at the start of the shoot and for the first couple of hours, I guess I was surprised that my ‘simple’ little course survived without a clearance or three. Most unlike Swallows FTC hosted rounds, during this one it was probably the heat which caused problems in place of our usual driving rain or howling gales (or both).

Hope you all enjoyed it; the feedback was certainly positive and very welcome after the effort we put in.

Here are the full results – in the usual format – and with the usual request to PM me if you believe you spot any errors or omissions.

Name Club Class Score % Badge T(eam)
    Eric Bynum Horsham O 58 100.0% Gold T
    Philip Jacobs Horsham O 58 100.0% Gold T
    Steve Light Horsham O 58 100.0% Gold T
    Charles Peal Oaks O 58 100.0% Gold T
    Mike Byford Oaks O 57 98.3% Gold T
    Richard Chase Ford O 57 98.3% Gold T
    Jon Fairman Oaks O 57 98.3% Gold T
    Bob Pattenden Oaks O 57 98.3% Gold T
    Peter Searle Horsham O 57 98.3% Gold T
    John McDonald Buxted O 56 96.6% Gold T
    Sam Robinson Buxted O 56 96.6% Gold T
    Bruce Stevenson Iden Fern O 56 96.6% Gold T
    Derek Watson Horsham O 56 96.6% Gold T
    Simon Williams Oaks O 56 96.6% Gold T
    Rob Appleyard Oaks O 55 94.8% Gold
    Tony Archer Iden Fern O 55 94.8% Gold T
    Graeme Cargan Oaks O 55 94.8% Gold
    Neil Chitty Buxted O 55 94.8% Gold T
    Pat Fitzgerald Ford R 55 94.8% Gold T
    Peter Pacer Iden Fern O 55 94.8% Gold T
    James Sellwood Horsham O 55 94.8% Gold
    Jason Wells Buxted O 55 94.8% Gold T
    Ben Davies Buxted O 54 93.1% Gold T
    Rudy Goldslade Oaks J 54 93.1% Gold
    Eddie Phillips Ford O 54 93.1% Gold T
    Charles Coxsedge Oaks O 53 91.4% Silver
    Kathryn Follis Ford O 53 91.4% Silver T
    Kim Lum Buxted R 53 91.4% Gold
    Steve Nailor Buxted O 53 91.4% Silver
    Rob Simpson Ford O 53 91.4% Silver T
    Chris Tyhurst Oaks O 53 91.4% Silver
    Terry Aiken Oaks O 52 89.7% Silver
    Keith Bean Buxted O 52 89.7% Silver
    Barry Blackham Ford O 52 89.7% Silver
    Nigel Buchan Buxted O 52 89.7% Silver
    Paul Dugood Horsham O 52 89.7% Silver
    James Parnell Horsham J 52 89.7% Gold
    Chris Roberts Oaks O 52 89.7% Silver
    John Turnbull Buxted O 52 89.7% Silver
    Mike Burgess Swallows O 51 87.9% Silver T
    Jon Tickner Horsham O 51 87.9% Silver
    Tas Violaris Horsham O 51 87.9% Silver
    Jeremy Follis Ford O 50 86.2% Bronze
    Steb Martinez Ford O 50 86.2% Bronze
    Justin Roberts Ford O 50 86.2% Bronze
    Chris Silcock Horsham O 50 86.2% Bronze
    Tim Clark Oaks O 49 84.5% Bronze
    Ryan Stennar Buxted P 48 82.8% Gold
    Keith Crawley Horsham O 47 81.0% Bronze
    Jon Kelly Buxted O 47 81.0% Bronze
    Dave Walden Swallows R 47 81.0% Silver T
    Doug Harper Horsham O 46 79.3% Bronze
    Bob Morris Ford R 46 79.3% Silver
    Adam Stennar Buxted O 46 79.3% Bronze
    Josh Long Swallows J 45 77.6% Bronze T
    Eli McCullough Swallows R 45 77.6% Bronze T
    Andy Simpson Buxted O 45 77.6%
    Damien Burke Oaks O 43 74.1%
    Constantine Christophi Swallows O 43 74.1% T
    Gerry Jelicoe Swallows O 43 74.1%
    Joanna Jansen Van Vuuren Swallows O 42 72.4%
    Kyle Wood Horsham O 40 69.0%
    Conrad Wells Buxted R 39 67.2%
    Linda Morris Swallows R 36 62.1%
    Tommy Burke Oaks O No card submitted/found

Team Results – I predicted excitement, and that’s exactly what we got – in spades. Today’s Team winner, counting no fewer than 3 of the 4 100% scores recorded was Horsham, with their best score of the series. If Derek and his crew could perform like this regularly, they’d surely be up for replacing our usual suspects.
    However, the high level of scoring throughout the year (years!) has to go to both the Oaks and Buxted; seemingly unassailable at the top. Potentially looking defeat in the face, the Oaks managed a brilliant final round comeback, overturning the 4 point lead which Buxted accrued after Round 9, to win the Sussex Interclub Team trophy by 5 points. Very close chaps

Club Round 10 Total
    Oaks 285 2701
    Buxted 276 2696
    Horsham 287 2665
    Ford 272 2582
    Iden Fern 264 2485
    Swallows 231 2143

With only 3 members present for this round, Iden Fern’s score was bolstered by two cards drawn at random from the pack, picking up a 47 and 51 to give the total you see above.

Hope to see a whole big bunch of you for the Sussex Interclub end-of-year event, to be hosted by Buxted on the 7th October, alongside their Sussex Open shoot. You don’t have to enter the Open to come along and celebrate the SIHFT winners .. but you might as well do. While I know that Simmmo will provide full details when the thread is published, please remember that as well as the individual and team trophies to be handed out, we have at least one very special prize up for grabs. This will be won by raffle, drawn on 7/10, from the list of names of those of you who have entered at least 6 of our 10 rounds.

Biggles
    Last edited by biggles; 09-09-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: minor (!?!) typo
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Hi All

Well, what a day!!!

Club Round 10 Total
    Oaks 285 2701
    Buxted 276 2696
    Horsham 287 2665
    Ford 272 2582
    Iden Fern 264 2485
    Swallows 231 2143

Biggles
    Thanks Mike Good Job,

Makes for an interesting read

The Oaks SiHFT Winners 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post

Team Results – I predicted excitement, and that’s exactly what we got – in spades. Today’s Team winner, counting no fewer than 3 of the 4 100% scores recorded was Horsham, with their best score of the series. If Dave and his crew could perform like this regularly, they’d surely be up for replacing our usual suspects.
    However, the high level of scoring throughout the year (years!) has to go to both the Oaks and Buxted; seemingly unassailable at the top. Potentially looking defeat in the face, the Oaks managed a brilliant final round comeback, overturning the 4 point lead which Buxted accrued after Round 9, to win the Sussex Interclub Team trophy by 5 points. Very close chaps

Club Round 10 Total
    Oaks 285 2701
    Buxted 276 2696
    Horsham 287 2665
    Ford 272 2582
    Iden Fern 264 2485
    Swallows 231 2143

With only 3 members present for this round, Iden Fern’s score was bolstered by two cards drawn at random from the pack, picking up a 47 and 51 to give the total you see above.

Hope to see a whole big bunch of you for the Sussex Interclub end-of-year event, to be hosted by Buxted on the 7th October, alongside their Sussex Open shoot. You don’t have to enter the Open to come along and celebrate the SIHFT winners .. but you might as well do. While I know that Simmmo will provide full details when the thread is published, please remember that as well as the individual and team trophies to be handed out, we have at least one very special prize up for grabs. This will be won by raffle, drawn on 7/10, from the list of names of those of you who have entered at least 6 of our 10 rounds.

Biggles
    I think you mean Derek ??

Many thanks to yourself & Richard for sorting the scores for the series Mike.

Also like to say that the standard of shooting in Sussex has improved so much over the last two years, I predict a very close SiHFT 2013, team & all other classes !!!

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
    I think you mean Derek ??

Oops. Error corrected.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Well Done the Oaks

Great series well done to all. (we will have you next year)
    "If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room!."

Thanks Steve

Well done to Horsham on a cracking finish.

I can't believe that another series is over, incredible that the margin was only 5 points out of 3000!

Lots of heroes today, Swallows of course for setting a course that looked deceptively easy, but soon caught out the unwary, the sign of a good course

Rudy(stick with that rifle) and Phil Jacobs - marvellous stuff, my hat is also doffed to Kim Lum and Kathryn Follis with 53s apiece. The list goes on, but thanks to everyone for such a good-natured series.

Charles, you are a star - you old tart

Well done Oakies!

Regards

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Thanks Steve

Well done to Horsham on a cracking finish.

I can't believe that another series is over, incredible that the margin was only 5 points out of 3000!

Lots of heroes today, Swallows of course for setting a course that looked deceptively easy, but soon caught out the unwary, the sign of a good course

Rudy(stick with that rifle) and Phil Jacobs - marvellous stuff, my hat is also doffed to Kim Lum and Kathryn Follis with 53s apiece. The list goes on, but thanks to everyone for such a good-natured series.

Charles, you are a star - you old tart

Well done Oakies!

Regards

Richard
    Here! Here!

Especially like the bit about Charles
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Mog says I need to take up fishing.... he said I would suit it better
    this was after getting in to the middle of a confrontation between the landowner & one of the disgruntled fishermen, a right banker he was (missus was nice though ), the fisherman started to get a bit brave with him (sunglasses came off & everything ), still not quite sure what Charles meant, but matey wasn't so brave after I walked over, all I said was everything alright , idiot

Quote;
    Team Results – I predicted excitement, and that’s exactly what we got – in spades. Today’s Team winner, counting no fewer than 3 of the 4 100% scores recorded was Horsham, with their best score of the series. If Derek and his crew could perform like this regularly, they’d surely be up for replacing our usual suspects.

And that was all down to My guys and their dogged determination (no! dogged steve...) I would like to thank them all personally,especially for carrying me through a bad spell or three...
    With more stars like Rudy coming through, the future is bright the future...is Orange!

Charles the Godfather you are a star!

Agree with the Sussex standard now Steve, quite special imo!

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
    Mog says I need to take up fishing.... he said I would suit it better
    this was after getting in to the middle of a confrontation between the landowner & one of the disgruntled fishermen, a right banker he was (missus was nice though ), the fisherman started to get a bit brave with him (sunglasses came off & everything ), still not quite sure what Charles meant, but matey wasn't so brave after I walked over, all I said was everything alright , idiot
    His Mrs was very nice

Derek did try to emulate her after the shoot, but without the pink bikini top it wasn't quite the same
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Herp View Post
    His Mrs was very nice

Derek did try to emulate her after the shoot, but without the pink bikini top it wasn't quite the same
    Topher reckons he looks better in denim hot pants but I can't (and hope I never) see that! Thanks to all today, great shoot and a good end to my first sihft!

Thanks to burger people, great idea making sure funds go back in club.

Hope to improve next year 💩
    Hw97kts
    Hw100

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaron View Post
    Topher reckons he looks better in denim hot pants but I can't (and hope I never) see that! Thanks to all today, great shoot and a good end to my first sihft!

Thanks to burger people, great idea making sure funds go back in club.

Hope to improve next year 
    Im fairly sure thats not what i said !!

The Oaks SiHFT Winners 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Topher View Post
    Im fairly sure thats not what i said !!
    You were all hopped up on jelly beans, you could have said anything!
    Hw97kts
    Hw100

The fishermans wife

Have to say I've seen more fat on a chip, but it's got me thinking about getting the old "Camo Thong" out again, although I'm not sure John James could take the excitement,
    Professional MISSER
    "THE OAKS"