Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hw77 Venom Hunter

Hw77 Venom Hunter

Hi, I have recently bought a Venom Hunter Hw77, has anyone ever stripped one and found out what Venom actually did, I don't think it is lazaglide, but i don't want to strip it to find out, any help appreciated, thanks Dave.

http://imgur.com/a/0Fazg#0 - album
    Last edited by coddy; 17-03-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coddy View Post
    Hi, I have recently bought a Venom Hunter Hw77, has anyone ever stripped one and found out what Venom actually did, I don't think it is lazaglide, but i don't want to strip it to find out, any help appreciated, thanks Dave.

http://imgur.com/a/0Fazg#0 - album
    its worth opening a lasaglide is worth twice as much
    i once bought a venom hw80 only to open it up and find standard internals
    the seller had removed them and sold them seperatly
    i then got my money back

venom 77 hunter

If its lazaglide it may have the sticker to say so. But the hunter name is pre lazaglide so without seeing the rifle I would date it pre 1986! Still a classic. Send me a PM and can send you a copy of a venom advert of such rifle. Also myself got caught out buying an airmasters tuned 77 that had won many competitions!! SO the seller said, To discover is was tuned by a std HW spring guide and an ox spring. You live and learn. Oh welcome to the Venom Club by the way. Kind regards Mach 1.5

cheers lads.it seems such a shame to open her up happy to shoot her as she is.nice an smooth triggers sweet to.lock time very fast.it looks to me if she were a sleeper.there is another venom sticker behind the breach aswell.and shes 177

Venom 77

Then just enjoy. More enjoyable than any PCP. May I ask what stock design is on your classic venom. Regards Mach 1.5

think its the venom tyrolean not sure. nice light walnut.cant you see the pics mach,

venom 77

Yep just seen them. YES a Venom Hunter 77 from around 1985! So gun barrel works conversion. Looks like you have a beauty there with period kassner scope. A good find. Regards Mach 1.5

thanks bud wat do ya recon value wise

Venom Hunter 77

Hmmm as for valuation? Depending on cal? Then £400 plus easy. Don't sell just enjoy this classic. Regards Mach 1.5

Seeing as it takes about a minute.......I'd open her up!
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

yes, having been caught myself on a standard length "Venom Lazarglide" which wasnt I have the gun open and allso ask for documentation otherwise I walk away. Not evreyone out there is as honest as the people it has been my plesuare to buy from on this forum.

Date wise its probably just a full tune, maybe with a top hat or something. If it shoots sweet then who cares. I'm not sure what innards are in mine; its a period piece, it shoots brilliantly. Fastest lock time of any of my springers. Value, above £400, maybe £550. If you enjoy shooting it, and going to keep it then it doesn't matter much.

Purists and collectors want to know but better the original innards on a period piece than updated. Do have a look if you want, we want to know, but if you don't want to take it apart because its working well then don't worry too much either.

If you have just one HW77 in your collection then a Venom is the way to go. Enjoy.

Mine:
    http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...IMG_3971_2.jpg

Venom 77

Hi Muskett. VERY nice 77 you have there. May I ask the barrel length on such rifle. Kind regards Mach 1.5

if its got lazaglide internals? it will have lines in the grease! inside where you put pellet in barrel. these lines are made by the piston running on plastic studs. this leaves no metal-metal contact.

Hull Cartridge base rifle No: 13013889; barrel length I think 9" and with moderator about 14.5". What is interesting is that the breach slide is blued. Never looked inside but the action makes a loud "crack" sound and seems very short and fast. Nothing like any other HW77's that I've had. Pellet on pellet at 25m.

No sticker, no engraving so it might not even be a Venom! At least the moderator is I like it because it shoots; so that will do me.

Venom has a long and checkered history. They seemed to have played with all sorts of rifles; whatever took their fancy at the time. Tuned a good few others too. Makes it all very interesting to the point I've given up trying to work out what is and what isn't. Each rifle on its own merits.