Thread: Bulk fill CO2

Bulk fill CO2

Hi,

I have a pistol (Walther CPM-1) that’s needs a bulk fill of CO2

I have a 2KG CO2 Fire extinguisher on order, and will now need a hose, some sort of tap and bleed valve?

I had a quick look on the auction site and found something like what I was looking for, £16 shipped from China, I am not sure I would trust it.

Anyone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

You could try magicininer as he makes bulk fill fittings and could advise you on the best approach. He frequents this site & UBC

Ian

I fill my Crosman 400 using a fire extinguisher, very easy. The Crosman have a thread similar to 1/8 BSP. If you take the large cone off the end of a CO2 extinguisher you have a hose with 1/8 BSP male thread. I screw this into the Crosman female thread on the rifle which has a little valve in it.You just depress the extiguisher lever and it fills the chamber.It does not overfill as the pressure is about 900 lbs a sq inch at 20 deg C and just equalises out in extinguisher and rifle.You obviously may need an adaptor to take the thread on your pistol to 1/8 BSP to use this method.
    Never press the lever on a fire extiguisher if it has no hose attached as the jet propulsion produced is so great it can break your wrist.

Regards, Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Never press the lever on a fire extiguisher if it has no hose attached as the jet propulsion produced is so great it can break your wrist.
    That is the worst thing you could have said to stop people trying it.

Now, were did I put that skateboard?
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Never press the lever on a fire extiguisher if it has no hose attached as the jet propulsion produced is so great it can break your wrist....
    In that case wouldn't there be a lot of people who tried to put out fires with broken limbs?

At this point nothing you say will shift the mental image I now have...

Dave,

Porkyyorky does them sometimes on the ukchineseairgun forum, I'll pm him and see if he's got any left. I'll let you know. I'm still waiting on my nipple turning up.

Cheers

Greg
    Modded Ratty. 22

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    In that case wouldn't there be a lot of people who tried to put out fires with broken limbs?

At this point nothing you say will shift the mental image I now have...
    It never ceases to amaze me how many people on this forum do not actually read fully what is written. It is like they skim over the message.Last guy swore at me and told me I was being picky when he got the thread completely wrong.

If you read what I said "no hose attached". When you remove the fitting from the extinguisher the gas is vented direct from the non flexible valve and gives a powerful thrust.The hand you are holding the bottle in is pushed suddenly back at a sideways angle.This information was given to me by the suppliers of the extinguisher.

Baz

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Dave,

Porkyyorky does them sometimes on the ukchineseairgun forum, I'll pm him and see if he's got any left. I'll let you know. I'm still waiting on my nipple turning up.

Cheers

Greg
    Cheers Greg,

I am sure I can make most of the fittings myself, I would like to see how it's done and see what people use as a tap. I may have a look on that forum.

Dave
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

Dave,

Porkyyorky isnt doing the filling rigs any more. What about this at gmac

http://www.eurocustomparts.com/Co2-Fill-Station

I would contact him to confirm what connections it has on. I'll keep an eye on the ukchineseairgunforum sales section for you as well mate.
    Modded Ratty. 22

Dave

There is all the info on that site with pics on how to make your own, failing that I can send photos of my filling rig.

Greg
    Modded Ratty. 22

Dave

The simplist set up, you use the valve on the extinguisher as the filling valve, all you need is a ball valve to release the pressure, a hose (mines a 4000psi grease gun hose from the bay(pennies)) and then a female fosters connection on the end (from gmac).

Greg
    Modded Ratty. 22

Thanks Greg, as usual, a picture paints a 1000 words….

That confirms just what I was thinking and I had just found all the components I need on the bay, but I think I can do away with the hose and make a direct coupler that will save a bit of co2…

Looking forward to getting hold of your nipples…..! (the rest of you can go work that out….)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Hi,

I have a pistol (Walther CPM-1) that’s needs a bulk fill of CO2

I have a 2KG CO2 Fire extinguisher on order, and will now need a hose, some sort of tap and bleed valve?

I had a quick look on the auction site and found something like what I was looking for, £16 shipped from China, I am not sure I would trust it.

Anyone point me in the right direction please.

Thanks
    The item you need is a Walther CPM-1 fill adaptor, not a paintball fill line the thread to the cartridge will be wrong,
    These were available from Bill Welch @ Bills Walther Spares, but Bill has just past away and I don't know if the business is to carry on, try a email to Walther.
    I have a CPM-1, and I could send you photos and a rough sketch of what you need.
    Peter
    Edit.
    Just seen where you are based, If you could get to Hastings I could give you a fill .
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pig View Post
    The item you need is a Walther CPM-1 fill adaptor, not a paintball fill line the thread to the cartridge will be wrong,
    These were available from Bill Welch @ Bills Walther Spares, but Bill has just past away and I don't know if the business is to carry on, try a email to Walther.
    I have a CPM-1, and I could send you photos and a rough sketch of what you need.
    Peter
    Edit.
    Just seen where you are based, If you could get to Hastings I could give you a fill .
    Peter
    Thanks Peter very nice offer, but I think I am sorted now. There was more wrong than just a missing fill adapter. I have had to make a new part where the can screws on to the pistol and while I was screw cutting that I made a fill adapter.

Also had to make a over valve, but that's another story, this was one mess of a gun, but should be good as new soon.

Dave