Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hw30s appreciation society

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I've got the best looking HW30S in the country and no, you can't have a look...
    Bet it is the Luxus with the engraved stock

Diopter?

Has anyone fitted a Diopter to their 30S?

There appears to be several available. The German websites list the 30S with a (generic?) diopter. Apparently the HW Diopter is expensive. I have seen inexpensive versions by Air Arms and Swiss Arms but do not know how they perform.

Open sights are the ideal for plinking; just looking at other options for informal target practice (other than a small scope).

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Bet it is the Luxus with the engraved stock
    no it aint

no it aint
    Ooh; you are just teasing us now

I've got the best looking HW30S in the country and no, you can't have a look.
    Go on, bring it to the June Bash!

You KNOW you want to!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Ooh; you are just teasing us now
    Yeah, he's a bit like that, you know!

Day off tomorrow. Will have a quick sesh with the new little one and run it over the chrono to see what it's doing.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I now have the HW30S in 0.177 (it's the one that Tinbum had). I am really pleased with it. It is a delight to use - so light, easy to cock, smooth operation, quiet and near recoiless.
    What final specification / spring / pre-load did you end up with Mr Tinbum?

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Mine finally arrived today. Yay!
    It took a week from Germany, which is odd, when it turned up it was swathed in French customs tape with an opened box. Thats fair enough, I'd rather live in a world where suspicious packages are checked, but the gun was left cocked!

Hey-ho!

I got the one with tru-glo sights, and rather smashing they are too. I spent an hour pushing pellet after pellet into puddles and I absolutely love it! Its currently doing 5.5fpe as its "F" stamped but I'm gonna play with it tomorrow. I have a 99s spring here I could shorten as I would like to get something over 9 as long as the shot cycle doesn't suffer too much.

I'm glad I read all your reviews on it though.
    hi do you have the web site were you can bi airguns from germany

Quote Originally Posted by the green man View Post
    Although I haven't dealt with any of the Euro dealers personally, the previous owner of the one I bought on Wednesday night bought it from DB of Holland.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    What final specification / spring / pre-load did you end up with Mr Tinbum?
    According to the sales thread, it was a UK spec spring, cut down, producing around 5 ft.lb. Tinbum will know more about the pre-load. It is really nice to shot and suits me fine.

(It was not the one that was investigated and left cocked - that was the 0.22....Phew).

Quote Originally Posted by the green man View Post
    Google Sportwaffen Schneider.

Has anyone fitted a Diopter to their 30S?

There appears to be several available. The German websites list the 30S with a (generic?) diopter. Apparently the HW Diopter is expensive. I have seen inexpensive versions by Air Arms and Swiss Arms but do not know how they perform.
    The diopter Weihrauch supply as part of the package appears identical to the AA's/SMK/Gamo item.
    It's not of the highest quality, but I've been spoilt by using FWB/Diana/Walther sights! Nonetheless it does the job, the aperture is a little small for some, its plastic and can be drilled carefully to enlarge it a little. iirc the sights iris thread is non-standard so won't accept irises from the likes of Gehmann and Centra? Not an insoluble problem.

1. I prefer the Swiss Arms version, however, a club member bought one recently and the clamp when fully closed was about 0.8mm shy of gripping the dovetails on an HW30. He's been modifying it so that it will grip and I made this little gizmo (Das DiopterKlampen) which fits between the diopter's side rails and provides a mounting point for a recoil stud. Given the clamping issue option 2 is a safer bet.

2. The AA/SMK/Gamo diopter will also need a recoil arrestor pin. The dovetail clamp is small and the sight will creep even with the low recoil from a '30. It's an easy job however to drill and tap the body on these as they are solid, an M5 Button Head socket screw (like those on the diopterklampen) gives a neat finish. File off the threads from that part which fits into the rifle's holes to stop them producing a burr.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Nice!

According to the sales thread, it was a UK spec spring, cut down, producing around 5 ft.lb. Tinbum will know more about the pre-load. It is really nice to shot and suits me fine.

Ah, so that'll be quite similar to the one I got last year from Oldskoolzzz that Brucieboy had previously de-tuned. .22 at 5.5ft.lbs. And so ridiculously effortless to cock, a one finger job. As near as dammit recoilless, as you posted earlier.