Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best spring rifle for ratting?

Hes decided to let the rat breed and saving his cash for a airarms s410. So hes got plenty to shoot in the winter!

For close quarter shooting like say in a barn or shed I'd look at the Theoben Fenman or BSA Lightning.
    Both excellent and accurate guns that are short in size and easy manoeuvrable in confined spaces that will do the job well!
    All the best in whatever you choose.
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    And - your guess is as good as mine. No reply yet....
    I really thought I wanted to know the ending but this suspense is probably more exciting
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by bullet boy View Post
    For close quarter shooting like say in a barn or shed I'd look at the Theoben Fenman or BSA Lightning.
    Both excellent and accurate guns that are short in size and easy manoeuvrable in confined spaces that will do the job well!
    All the best in whatever you choose.
    Mmmm.....maybe a bit late in the day for rifle suggestions.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlleyland View Post
    Rumours of my demise have been greatly exaggerated! I would like to have an epic tale of how I battled the monster rat but I have have waited for him twice now and it has been a no show. My neighbour has even been on a watch for him - he has an old FWB....not sure what model and he too has not seen him.

I swear he is a RAT SAS member....chocolate spread always gone but we now never see him. All I think I have achieved is bulk him up with free chocolate!

By the way if we were to make a film of this I would have to have Tom Cruise or the Rock to play my role....
    If you read this the same way I did, you might believe that the rat has shot the OP.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    If you read this the same way I did, you might believe that the rat has shot the OP.
    Mmmm.....no, not quite seeing it, young Paul!

Have you had a drink or three?

And, anyways, about time you made it to a Bash again, we've been missing you, as one of the pioneering First Bash Attendees and all-round nice guy!

Be great if you could make one.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Mmmm.....maybe a bit late in the day for rifle suggestions.
    No it's not Tony..... especially as we no longer need to choose final arrangements i.e. do we go for brass handles or not
    Edd.
    The only good rat is a dead rat and the best poison to use is lead.... .25 Flavour
    No I don't want the bucket closer

Quote Originally Posted by QUIGLEY View Post
    No it's not Tony..... especially as we no longer need to choose final arrangements i.e. do we go for brass handles or not
    Edd.
    Mmm....didn't really know him well, Edd; seemed nice, though!

Mmm....didn't really know him well, Edd; seemed nice, though!
    Yes but these things still need to be discussed. It's no good brushing it under the shed.
    Edd.
    The only good rat is a dead rat and the best poison to use is lead.... .25 Flavour
    No I don't want the bucket closer

Mmmm.....no, not quite seeing it, young Paul!

Have you had a drink or three?

And, anyways, about time you made it to a Bash again, we've been missing you, as one of the pioneering First Bash Attendees and all-round nice guy!

Be great if you could make one.
    My attempts at humour regularly go down like the proverbial lead balloon, Tony.

I'd love to come to the Bash again and give the bucket a good pasting with my Mk 11 Airsporters, but unfortunately the Great Machinery God who, according to one of my colleagues, overseas all things engineering, keeps arranging compressor shutdowns for the same time!!!!!

ATB.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

A ratcatcher will be a good gun to. As in the name :-) they are very light to which is better if you have to wait a while for ratty to show himself.

More than a day and a half since RW pm'd poor Carl.

I fear the worst........

Quote Originally Posted by QUIGLEY View Post
    Yes but these things still need to be discussed. It's no good brushing it under the shed.
    Edd.
    I think you may well have a point, Edd, in view of lack of any sort of response now from the OP.

Did seem a nice lad, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post

I'd love to come to the Bash again and give the bucket a good pasting with my Mk 11 Airsporters, but unfortunately the Great Machinery God who, according to one of my colleagues, overseas all things engineering, keeps arranging compressor shutdowns for the same time!!!!!

ATB.
    That's such a shame, Paul, as you're a valued member of the Boingering community.

Do you still have to work abroad occasionally?

Be great to see you again as and when you can make it.

That's such a shame, Paul, as you're a valued member of the Boingering community.

Do you still have to work abroad occasionally?

Be great to see you again as and when you can make it.
    Yes - off to Sicily on 3rd April - hence no chance of getting to the Bash this time. Got jobs in Saudi, UK Offshore, Abu Dhabi and Spain all bubbling under.

I keep an eye on the timings though, so always looking to make the next one. Problem is, I can't book time off because if it coincides with a compressor retrofit, I'd just have to cancel and some of our customers only give a few day's notice. I just have to fit time off in as and when. Still we all have our cross to bear and I'm pretty fortunate to have a job at the moment, with oil prices being so low.

Anyway, I hope and believe that the Bash will be a long term institution (thanks to Mick and the great members like your goodself) and I'll definitely make it once I retire, if not before!
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.