Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
I have one of the new Lightening XLSE's amongst my collection of 30 air rifles. I just liked the look and thought I would have a play! Originally intended to get the Lightening SE as it was cheaper but the gunshop only had the spring powered XLSE in .22 so ended up with that. The trigger was my biggest issue, the second stage rolled rather than broke but I swapped a screw that enabled me to reduce the sear engagement and it now breaks nicley and is no hinderence to shooting accuartely. The gun groups very well with FTT and makes a nice combo with a Hawke Vantage 2-7x32 PX on it. The obvious choice for you is a HW99, it has a better trigger, breech bolt and internal dimensions that make it a lovely rifle to shoot with a mild tune up. Personaly I'm not keen on the look or ergonomics of the stock and prefer the BSA. Had a quick couple of shots with my BSA yesterday and it really is not as bad as people make out, shoots with minimal twang and produced a one hole group at 20 yards straight off after not being shot for weeks, poor mans Fenman IMO.
Quote Originally Posted by Eddy2246 View Post
I've had my lightning around 4 weeks, spent hours cleaning polishing etc. The trigger is the worst I have used very very heavy,terrible.i have since replaced it with one of Welsh willys triggers and replaced spring (titan xs). Took of abtrap and safety. It's defo better. Cocking is ok but gets tiring when plinking. I've also got a hw99 and to be honest that beats xl se hands down,cheaper,light and easy to cock, after spit and polish.

Good luck buddy

Atb ed
What sort of power are you getting with Titan spring? I'm only getting 9.8ftlb out of the box, which limits hunting range to 25yds IMO. Other than that like the gun. OK it doesn't sound like one of VHTV videos but neither does my HW80