Thread: Which Theoben rammers came std w/ straight blade triggers?

Which Theoben rammers came std w/ straight blade triggers?

Besides the SLR 88 FT .177 Imperators, anybody happen to know? Saw a pic of a Taunus with a straight blade trigger ...

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I've just had a quick scan through my old Theoben Info. Sheets from the mid/late ninties and it would appear the Fenman, Taunus, Olympus, Eliminator and SLR 98 all had the Evolution trigger as factory fitted standard. I believe the Sirrocco 2000 and the Dual Magnum also did !
    It's possible there may have been a few exceptions and no doubt owners could have modified or swapped the trigger to suit their requirements along the way ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPiston View Post
    Besides the SLR 88 FT .177 Imperators, anybody happen to know? Saw a pic of a Taunus with a straight blade trigger ...
    There is not much curve on an evo trigger blade anyhow. They tried the MFR with a straight blade initially but it didn't prove that popular so offered a curved one as well. Personally I like straight blades so long as the pull is not too heavy.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

I think that as far as rammers are concerned ONLY the SLR88 Imperator FT came with the straight blade from factory, as it was a special trigger anyway. Even the various GP variants had curved triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I've just had a quick scan through my old Theoben Info. Sheets from the mid/late ninties and it would appear the Fenman, Taunus, Olympus, Eliminator and SLR 98 all had the Evolution trigger as factory fitted standard. I believe the Sirrocco 2000 and the Dual Magnum also did !
    It's possible there may have been a few exceptions and no doubt owners could have modified or swapped the trigger to suit their requirements along the way ?
    Thanks for scanning through your spec sheets! I think that the trigger was swapped at some point. I do like a straight, set back trigger blade.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    There is not much curve on an evo trigger blade anyhow. They tried the MFR with a straight blade initially but it didn't prove that popular so offered a curved one as well. Personally I like straight blades so long as the pull is not too heavy.
    Agreed, I like the profile and position of the Evo trigger blade, a bit set back and like you say it is just slightly curved. Seems the blade on my Fenman is straighter than my SLR and EVO🤔

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    I think that as far as rammers are concerned ONLY the SLR88 Imperator FT came with the straight blade from factory, as it was a special trigger anyway. Even the various GP variants had curved triggers.
    10-4! I'll have to take a closer look at the GP variants and their trigger blades. Were they Webley Omega trigger units?