Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hw100 or fx impact .177

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Yes agreed but none other than fx present the external adjustability that fx do for tuning the gun to how you want & there barrel sleeve idea really does mean you can tailor your rifle to do whatever you want. No one else has come anywhere near fx for there enginuity in there design and they are still presenting rifles for the same money as most of the other leading top tear manufacturers, therefore if your spending that sort of money I think fx by far present the best value for money in that price range.
    What your talking about is why the likes of gamo, air arms, BSA, hatsan and walther all make sub £800 rifles, for people that are happy with "just pushing a pellet". That's all fine, I guess its just what your into
    Its a bit like houses. They are all of similar construction but vary tremendously in price depending on location. If someone is fool enough to spend more than is necessary so be it.
    The only question I would ask is how many of these **super ingenious** design gadgets actually get used?
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Its a bit like houses. They are all of similar construction but vary tremendously in price depending on location. If someone is fool enough to spend more than is necessary so be it.
    The only question I would ask is how many of these **super ingenious** design gadgets actually get used?
    That sir is completely subjective, so im guessing in your case "none", which is why other manufacturers and fx make cheaper simpler options with no bells and whistles. For others this cold be "all" which is why these rifles seem to be very popular
    It all depends on what your after and some people do want and want only to fiddle with things... Look at fidget spinners... A massive massive industry from nothing more than a few bearings and a plastic frame!! The fx rifles offer massive fiddle ability for less money than daystate offer the same old gun but different but looks nice(this is also completely subjective) and I think that the fx presents better value and it also feeds ideas down to the cheaper brands to improve what they have to offer the pellet pushers
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 28-03-2018 at 12:14 PM.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I have an Impact in both 30 & 25 caliber. I have been able to hit consistently a 6” gong at 200 yards in 25 caliber with 30 I’ve got 1” at 100yards haven’t had an opportunity yet for longer distances waiting for the warmer weather and my 25 caliber 700mm X barrel to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian10956 View Post
    I have an Impact in both 30 & 25 caliber. I have been able to hit consistently a 6” gong at 200 yards in 25 caliber with 30 I’ve got 1” at 100yards haven’t had an opportunity yet for longer distances waiting for the warmer weather and my 25 caliber 700mm X barrel to arrive.
    I have a Hatsan in 25 that will do that The OP is about UK non licensed airguns which are limited to 12ftlb muzzle energy.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

I'd never part with my. 177 hw100,
    You could only equal how accurate these are, never better.

The impact was designed to be an fac tool, I would never get one in sub12, a lot of £ to shoot something restricted to the hilt in sub 12. An hw with the anti tamper removed is as adjustable as the impact sub 12

In fac format though, the impact is so many guns in one. Clinical accurate once set up. Record the settings.
    After that if i want I can turn a sub moa 54fpe .25 beast into a barn Ratter spitting 25.4 jsbs at 600fps

Quote Originally Posted by greenanchor View Post

The impact was designed to be an fac tool, I would never get one in sub12, a lot of £ to shoot something restricted to the hilt in sub 12. An hw with the anti tamper removed is as adjustable as the impact sub 12

In fac format though, the impact is so many guns in one. Clinical accurate once set up. Record the settings.
    After that if i want I can turn a sub moa 54fpe .25 beast into a barn Ratter spitting 25.4 jsbs at 600fps
    could not of put it better myself.
    Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by greenanchor View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzer View Post
    could not of put it better myself.
    Jez.
    I guess the adjustability is a lot more usable in FAC for sure.. I recon the interchangeable barrels are the gold for sub 12... As you say (sort of anyway) you can have a sub moa (@50yrds) .177 target rifle and then pop it into a .25 10yrd rat basher.... This is why I like the idea of the dream line, as you can switch the stock to suit two situations as well, top it with sonthing like a 3-12-42 or even a quality 3-9x40 and you pretty much have all the bases covered.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

i would avoid the impact, after 2 years I still cant find the so called Major tuning guide, which was promised multiple times. As you can see from their marketing site no one really knows how to tune these properly owners are left in the dark, yes for few shots it is OK but not over the full bottle fill not really. plus the magazine issues, maybe all boils down to the poor pellet probe wobbliness... lately the regulator seems to come up on the forums as not the best.

i think the streamline would be a better comparison, like for like. but thats a different model.

You know... you have picked 2 opposite extremes, on one side zero innovation (HW100) versus the Impact(rushed out lego nothing fits aligns on it if you look carefully) PCP

the Streamline looks fine but i doubt it will last as long as a HW100. and it is way too long for my taste.

you will be struggling to hit close range targets with both FXes, there is a lot of holdover at short range, the hw100 on the other side has the barrel so close to the scope center, it is not critical. I
    f you shoot all the time some medium range targets, you will be fine even with high sitting scope. If FX had a different magazine not poking out, would try one myself too.
    Last edited by krisko; 28-03-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Having owned an impact and four HW100s over the years, I would suggest that the HW100 is such a fine and relatively "basic" design that it is much more likely to suit an airgunner just using sub 12. The 100 is capable of anything that a none FAC airgunner could wish and every one of my own examples never missed a beat and were certainly "match" accurate. Along with the S400, I personally think that if the truth be known, they are all we really need. That doesn't stop many of us changing guns frequently though!
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Having owned an impact and four HW100s over the years, I would suggest that the HW100 is such a fine and relatively "basic" design that it is much more likely to suit an airgunner just using sub 12. The 100 is capable of anything that a none FAC airgunner could wish and every one of my own examples never missed a beat and were certainly "match" accurate. Along with the S400, I personally think that if the truth be known, they are all we really need. That doesn't stop many of us changing guns frequently though!
    Andy
    Well put... It's hard to be satisfied when the grass looks so much greener!!!
    You have to stop now or I'll want one enough to sell my huntsman classic!! Lol