Thread: HW 35 price guide ?

HW 35 price guide ?

I have a old hw35 I want to sell but no idea of price it's in fair condition but has surface rust was thinking of re blueing it then it would be mint condition but need to decide weather I would lose money reconditioning it to sell I can text pictures if anyone wants to have a look

I suspect you would lose money. Price can be anywhere between £120 and £350, or whatever a new one is as they are still made occasionally. £200 gets a very tidy one.

Thanks

Might have a punt a £120 imo £50 for rear sight alone and if I was to make it mint I would want it like it was just unboxed and I'm not a Springer can 🤔

£50 for a rear sight? Really?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Hardly mint if it needs a re-blue...

Quote Originally Posted by peter minchin View Post
    I have a old hw35 I want to sell but no idea of price it's in fair condition but has surface rust was thinking of re blueing it then it would be mint condition but need to decide weather I would lose money reconditioning it to sell I can text pictures if anyone wants to have a look
    Don't think you would gain anything by spending on it, As a rough price of about £100/£120 tops if you lucky you would most probs need to spend that again on re-blu and possible stock refurb if needed, If lucky you would still only get about £200 for a nice example , Most would rather an original Finnish gun to one that's been refurbished, I would sell as is, If you wanted to keep then I would get it refurbed,

Brand new one £235. I wouldn't bother refurbing unless you are looking to practice or learn new skill's as part of the project.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post

Brand new one £235. I wouldn't bother refurbing unless you are looking to practice or learn new skill's as part of the project.

John
    Indeed, and in stock at many outlets at that price, too. As for a rear sight costing £50? Think someone has tried to mug you off, there, as complete sets of sights (back and front) regularly pop up around the £30 (+/-) mark, both on here, and on the bay of eeee. Hope this helps?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.