Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
In the early 1970s they were most schoolboy's dream Airgun, giving 18ftlbs without recoil.

Unfortunately the 18ftlbs took ten pumps, very few gun shops stocked .20" pellets, the triggers are shite, the sights were shite, and if you stuck a scope on it you'd naturally end up holding on to the scope while you pumped --- but saying that I still bought a Bluestreak and Silverstreak recently for my collection.

When you talk about powerful pump ups there are two British guns that are way above the Bluestreak in every way, the multi pump Titan Mohawk and the Daystate Sportsman MK2 --- both these guns give about 23 ft lbs on five or six strokes in FAC format, and I think the .25" Sportsman gives around 25ftlbs on five pumps.

Both are side lever cocking so your hand never goes near the scope, both have two stage triggers, and in UK format two pumps gives you 12ftlbs.

All the best Mick

Yes , i agree the trigger is 'shite' on blue streak, it's a badly pressed piece of plate metal. I have improved mine by cutting off & soldering a smooth, curved brass trigger. When you say 'trigger, do you mean the actual trigger? or the trigger release mechanism? kind regards Al.