Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rapid7 owners club site down ?

I hope it comes back, I miss it.
    Bob

Good news .
    Such a good group on there with a massive amount of experience , skills and knowledge.

I don't bother with it much now every time I go on ive lost most of my posts,and something appears on corner of comp screen saying site is not safe

Be good if at least all the tech info, pdf's etc could be saved & hosted somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Be good if at least all the tech info, pdf's etc could be saved & hosted somewhere.
    Page 3 second post from top,
    probably not all but damn near it

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Anybody View Post
    Page 3 second post from top,
    probably not all but damn near it
    Thanks, not sure how I missed that.

New message on r7oc saying closed for good indefinitely not giving it away or selling it thanks to my admin for there help over the years
    Theoben rapids rule

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    Yes I've seen the same.been talking to a couple of people about getting a new forum going if the original does not come back on line.
    kevG

Quote Originally Posted by Dave74 View Post
    New message on r7oc saying closed for good indefinitely not giving it away or selling it thanks to my admin for there help over the years
    Thats terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by kevG View Post
    Yes I've seen the same.been talking to a couple of people about getting a new forum going if the original does not come back on line.
    kevG
    This would be very welcome Kev

that sad news but hopefully there get new forum up and running

I have been in contact with Phil ref this the last few weeks and offered to pay the costs to bring it back online and if he wanted to be done with it buy it off him to provide it with a stable and bullet proof future whilst also increasing the reliability and sla with the host, Phil does not seem to want to do this despite some good discussions on the matter and I am at a loss why he would rather let it die than bring it back and hand it off so it can live on whilst being future proofed to prevent the issues it has experienced the last few years.

I fully intend to create a new website for the rapid owners and have registered the domain rapid7ownersclub.co.uk and I will be looking at hosting providers and also forum software (thinking same as the bbs) it will not be a quick process but will be looking at this in the nest week to at least get a basic forum up before everyone drifts off. so if any of you chaps that have strip down guides or PDF’s from the old website want to contact me we can look at re creating the library.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    I have been in contact with Phil ref this the last few weeks and offered to pay the costs to bring it back online and if he wanted to be done with it buy it off him to provide it with a stable and bullet proof future whilst also increasing the reliability and sla with the host, Phil does not seem to want to do this despite some good discussions on the matter and I am at a loss why he would rather let it die than bring it back and hand it off so it can live on whilst being future proofed to prevent the issues it has experienced the last few years.

I fully intend to create a new website for the rapid owners and have registered the domain rapid7ownersclub.co.uk and I will be looking at hosting providers and also forum software (thinking same as the bbs) it will not be a quick process but will be looking at this in the nest week to at least get a basic forum up before everyone drifts off. so if any of you chaps that have strip down guides or PDF’s from the old website want to contact me we can look at re creating the library.
    Hi Guy, a couple of the lads have manage to retrieve some of the pfd files, I am absolutely positive that they would be more than pleased to put them back into use.

I am sure we can revitalise the forum, simply put, there was no better source of technical information and help available for both rapids and RAW air weapons anywhere on the internet.

The development of upgraded parts by many to the R7OC members has taken the rapid well past it original design parameters. Since airgun advice and now the R7OC have now folded there is nowhere for like minded rapid fans to share ideas. It’s our duty to keep such an iconic gun not only working but at the forefront of airgun design. (All mine out shoot my impact)

Best of luck

Bb
    Last edited by bucketboy; 28-01-2020 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
    Hi Guy, a couple of the lads have manage to retrieve some of the pfd files, I am absolutely positive that they would be more than pleased to put them back into use.

I am sure we can revitalise the forum, simply put, there was no better source of technical information and help available for both rapids and RAW air weapons anywhere on the internet.

The development of upgraded parts by many to the R7OC members has taken the rapid well past it original design parameters. Since airgun advice and now the R7OC have now folded there is nowhere for like minded rapid fans to share ideas. It’s our duty to keep such an iconic gun not only working but at the forefront of airgun design. (All mine out shoot my impact)

Best of luck

Bb
    Cheers Pete, don’t worry I have some plans for some new stuff that you have just volunteered for

Thanks Guy, this is the best news I've had all year
    (it has been rather shit so far )

That’s really fantastic news!!
    Well done Guy,and i totally agree Phil's health is paramount,and wish him the best on his decision and am extremely grateful to him for the platform he provided all those years ago.