Page 57 of 117 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Bash 4th and 5th May 2024

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    In my opinion and much as I love them Theoben are the epitome of sitting on your laurels
    The Rapid was (and still is) great
    I love my 2 rammers
    But just a bit more development would have made a huge difference
    For accuracy up to 80 yards there is no difference between my RAW and friends Steyrs which shows what could be achieved
    Totally agree, always had a soft spot for rapids and I’ve embarrassingly had far too many that I really should have kept.

Had a fair few Theoben rammers as well but could never quite gel with them it’s always the trigger that disappoints although I think being so used to the rekord and CD has somewhat contributed to instant dislike of many other manual labour type rifles which annoys me as even half decent triggers still don’t get a look in when I’m so used to an excellent trigger.

Ironically this only affects me with boingers/rammers as pcps I really don’t mind when it comes to triggers although holding back a piddly little hammer spring is a million miles away from a huge dirty garage door spring

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Maybe even Theoben could have had a massive influence if they had expanded a little eg springer break barrels alongside rammers much needed better triggers, perhaps single shot under levers both ram and spring alongside the Multishot.
    I've mentioned that in the past, betters triggers are a must, they where built really well, also had excellent stocks and what ever length barrel turned you on.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I've mentioned that in the past, betters triggers are a must, they where built really well, also had excellent stocks and what ever length barrel turned you on.
    Yep totally agree

I hear on the grapevine (hot air podcast) that the Theoben name is coming back although I’m not sure if the original models will be back in production since RAW and Impact did there thing

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    You will have to try my Evolution
    There was a trigger issue when I first got it
    Now it's sorted I am seriously impressed with it
    Pete

You will have to try my Evolution
    There was a trigger issue when I first got it
    Now it's sorted I am seriously impressed with it
    What did you have done to the trigger Pete?

Perkins repaired it after it jammed. I couldn't say what was done but it's at least as nice as my Longbow
    Pete

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Perkins repaired it after it jammed. I couldn't say what was done but it's at least as nice as my Longbow
    How much did that cost Pete?
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I'm glad your happy with the Longbow Pete. I may well be selling a couple more guns in the near future.

Interesting Pete, I’ve had a couple of evos with fettled triggers but still found them pretty poor being brutally honest

Would like to try yours if I ever get the chance
    Last edited by oldskoolzzz; 11-04-2024 at 03:38 PM.

I am halfway through buying a house Gary so it's strictly 1 in 1 out at the moment
    Anyone want a mk1 TX200?
    Pete

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I am halfway through buying a house Gary so it's strictly 1 in 1 out at the moment
    Anyone want a mk1 TX200?
    Nice one Pete. Where you moving to ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Im sitting here 3 glasses deep in a bottle of red and Im really looking forward to making an arse of myself as I still haven't pulled the trigger of my rifles in near on a year (cataract)
    Ive got a few weekends to figure out the blunt end from the loud end before I head down to meet old friends and new ones and Im really looking forward to it.

Im assuming there might be a sign of some sorts opposite the garden nursery so that this daft jock doesn't turn into the wrong bloody gate

[EDIT]
    Any bell target like fun, Im wondering if it's an idea to bring the old 300s to embarrass myself with too?
    (we don't get it up here) and I was introduced to it at a different forum meet a few years ago and fell in love with it

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    It looks like Ray was serious about coming to the bash, he was seen heading south today!

[IMG][/IMG]
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

A village called Great Offley Paul
    Well known for it's plagues of rabbits, rats , magpies and if needs be snails
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    Im sitting here 3 glasses deep in a bottle of red and Im really looking forward to making an arse of myself as I still haven't pulled the trigger of my rifles in near on a year (cataract)
    Ive got a few weekends to figure out the blunt end from the loud end before I head down to meet old friends and new ones and Im really looking forward to it.

Im assuming there might be a sign of some sorts opposite the garden nursery so that this daft jock doesn't turn into the wrong bloody gate

[EDIT]
    Any bell target like fun, Im wondering if it's an idea to bring the old 300s to embarrass myself with too?
    (we don't get it up here) and I was introduced to it years ago at a different forum meet a few years ago and fell in love with it
    Les brings a bell target mate
    If you really are bad enough to make us look good there will be drinks in it!!
    Pete