Thread: Mainspring data thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think this thread could be even more useful if people post the spring specifications (and where people can obtain one) that suited a particular gun, and put the year, model and calibre of gun in the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    I think this thread could be even more useful if people post the spring specifications (and where people can obtain one) that suited a particular gun, and put the year, model and calibre of gun in the thread title.
    Spring recommendations for specific guns are not always the best option. Several springs may be recommended for a gun but what is reguired is one that is the best fit inside the piston. If there is too much gap between the piston and spring a severe twang can be the result so beware and always measure the piston inner diameter before ordering a spring.

Quote Originally Posted by 4end View Post
    Spring recommendations for specific guns are not always the best option. Several springs may be recommended for a gun but what is reguired is one that is the best fit inside the piston. If there is too much gap between the piston and spring a severe twang can be the result so beware and always measure the piston inner diameter before ordering a spring.
    I credit the members of the BBS with enough intelligence not to recommend a spring as being suitable for a particular rifle if it caused a 'severe twang'.