Thread: HW 55T.177 Valuation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Agree with Mach 1.5, value £600 to £700. I couldn't see the HW diopter these usually have. Does it have one?
    7th photo . In its own box.

Quote Originally Posted by hookerball View Post
    7th photo . In its own box.
    Missed that, assume that's the serial no of the rifle on the box?

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    Missed that, assume that's the serial no of the rifle on the box?
    I will check. Its the first time in probably 8-10years i have even looked at the thing.

Very pretty, no idea on price, think I payed around £250 for one shipped from Holland.
    But that was a complete used gun and not an as left the factory boxed one like yours.

I’m surprised these don’t go for more, but I suppose we don’t have the target shooting scene that the Europeans had for these guns or it’s all dominated by pcp’s these days.

But still a lovely piece of history, that I’m sure you won’t have a problem finding a home for

Extraordinary time capsule rifle.

Looking at the pics, but before reading other comments, my reaction was at least £600, probably more like £650, and you might as well ask £750 because the right buyer might well, I think, pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Extraordinary time capsule rifle.

Looking at the pics, but before reading other comments, my reaction was at least £600, probably more like £650, and you might as well ask £750 because the right buyer might well, I think, pay it.
    Agreed, never seen one with all the little stickers and booklets etc, let alone the original diopter box and unfitted barrel weight.

I paid £420 at auction for a nice one without the barrel weight (prefer the balance without)

If the serial number on the box matches the rifle then it was made between 1972-1973. Same age as me.

https://www.weihrauch-database.eu/dywp

Very desirable set.

Cheers,
    Matt