Thread: scamma on guntrader

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    i have claimed twice with a black star and a webley tracker, both on freeadds, linked paypal to the item i was scammed on and have been paid back both times. ive never come across a thread where the buyer as not been refunded,

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    i have claimed twice with a black star and a webley tracker, both on freeadds, linked paypal to the item i was scammed on and have been paid back both times. ive never come across a thread where the buyer as not been refunded,
    There've been several threads where pay-pal have refused a refund or suspended/cancelled accounts siting that their terms exclude guns, but these seem to be where an actual gun changes hands but there is then a dispute.

Equally when it's a straight forward scam where there is no physical item, they seem to refund the payment,

I wonder if it's the legal knife edge between the "intent to buy" as opposed to actually "buying", if it's a scam you don't technically "purchase" anything so how can it be prohibited

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I wonder if it's the legal knife edge between the "intent to buy" as opposed to actually "buying", if it's a scam you don't technically "purchase" anything so how can it be prohibited
    Interesting take... makes sense (I have no clue, just thinking aloud).. straight scam is different from a trade in something outside of the terms and conditions going awry...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

There was a member on here who was scammed but Paypal refunded.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I may be completely wrong and some one may correct me .
    Sorry I have absolutely no idea what point any of that was supposed to make what was quoted, who by & what was you

ATEOTD Pay-pal is a private company that provides a service, the terms of which you must agree to when you open an account,
    As such they can define what is allowed & what is prohibited &/or set whatever terms they want, if you don't like them don't agree & don't open an account.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Sorry I have absolutely no idea what point any of that was supposed to make what was quoted, who by & what was you

ATEOTD Pay-pal is a private company that provides a service, the terms of which you must agree to when you open an account,
    As such they can define what is allowed & what is prohibited &/or set whatever terms they want, if you don't like them don't agree & don't open an account.
    ????????????

????????????
    I deleted what I posted . that's why angrybears post is confusing to you

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I deleted what I posted . that's why angrybears post is confusing to you
    I read it last night and it still confused me
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Scammed twice and you still buy ? The fact you appear tonhave got lucky twice as it is my understanding that the sale of weapons like those m3ntioned is contrary to the sites rules of trading.

I used paypal twice and they cocked it up both times. But sorting out with th3m was worse than shitting sea urchins. Wont touch paypal with a 60 foot barge pole.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill