Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
I am sure I am not the only one .

I want to thin down my rifles to those that I use but struggle to decide what to let go. Yet when I saw a rifle I have always had a hankering for on offer whilst surfing the web last night I can't help but feel I should buy it. Why? I don't need it. It has no practical or specific role to fill. It won't be used for any of the target comps I shoot in. Yet I have an unnerving feeling I will buy it
I know exactly what you mean.

I have far, far too many, really. Many of which haven't come out of the cabinet in years, including a few duplicates.

What I really need is more time to actually SHOOT the bloody things!

But then there are still a few that I'd like once money and space allow.......a LJ / BSA Light Pattern, a Webley Tracker, Webley Brummie Longbow, Webley Premier, maybe an Airsporter of some type, another BSA Supersport / Lightning, maybe a CO2 pistol along the lines of the Umarex CPS, most definitely a FWB 65/80, Diana Model 5, Diana 280.

And then I often get drawn towards some budget plinking stuff along the lines of the Crosman 1088 and 760 and also often find myself studying junior springers as sweet shooting, lower powered back garden / hallway plinkers.

I think I'm a lost cause........