Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
Cheers Tone and Paul

Its painkillers and exercise really. I've been referred to the orthopaedic department as I think they've realised its actually pretty serious damage occurring in the lower spine. It is much better now than it was a couple of weeks ago and I managed to do some of my work although I have had to let the plastering jobs go. I've actually accepted that i'm not taking on any more plastering as every time a do a large ceiling i'm screwed for a couple of weeks afterwards. I'm going to sell the Africa but keep the XJR and pay the money off our mortgage to try and get that down a bit and in the mean time look for a huge career change. I'm a qualified sparky by trade with my 2391 in testing and inspection so quite possibly going to look into to setting up a small testing business among other things. Something will pan out. It all got on top of me a bit the other day but I thing a change could lead to good things so looking at it as a positive challenge lol!!!!
Guessing you've never had an MRI scan, Mike? Be useful would that. Try and push for one as at least they'll know exactly what they're dealing with. The exercise will be good mainly for strengthening the core to relieve strain and pressure on your vertebrae and discs, yes?

If you have never tried accupuncture, as in the proper, traditional Chinese one, give it a try. Worked for me a few years ago and definitely worth a go matey.

Y'know, with the bikes, sometimes a bike with a riding position where you just lean slightly forwards as opposed to sitting bolt upright can help, relieving pressure on the lower back.

And that career change sounds like a good thing to look into.: