Quote Originally Posted by Phil B View Post
Yes, very good. My point was I don’t know him, and was asking if it was the same chap. Given they apparently both do springer tuning, I didn’t see it as as daft a question as you did.

My bad then. ;-)
"Tinbum Nick" doesn't do rods, whereas, as mentioned, I'm pretty sure NickG (Gibney) will.

The main thing is to have utter confidence in the quality and integrity of the material and its treatment, as you certainly wouldn't want a latch rod letting go. A visitor at one of the Boinger Bashes once told me of a TX that he had had short stroked with a longer rod and the rod had snapped.

I'm pretty sure that Shaun at ISP does rods for the TX and wonder if he'd do them for the HW, as well as NickG?

The V-Glide one as mentioned above would also be most worthy of consideration, killing two birds with one stone, so to speak. But I know Steve Pope had been working less hours of late. Don't know if this is still the case?

Hope this helps a little.

Oh, and get yourself to a Boinger Bash if you possibly can. Lots of friendly springer enthusiasts to meet and talk to. And lots of tuned rifles to see and try. And, once you have met the two Nicks in the flesh, you certainly won't be getting them mixed up again!