Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA Mk11 Airsporter Valuation Required

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post

If BSA had the sense to make (in England) a top quality reproduction of these guns with top notch walnut and modern full power internals, I'm certain they'd sell as many as they could turn out even at £350 ~ £400 i.e. Prosport territory.

Quite right

You can already get full power internals for the MK2 Airsporter though.
    BSA produced a retro fit piston head for these that used the later Airsporter/Mercury O ring as a seal instead of leather.
    The kit is still available from Chambers but you have to send them your piston to have it fitted.

I fitted one in 1973 and so far it seems to work very well.

All the best Mick

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewareing View Post
    Personally I would not feel robbed to part with £250 for this example.
    I agree with Mike, as I see the value of this particular MkII being in that region, and then some (and definitely plus the price of secure post), too. Will be interesting to see what Mark markets it at on the 11th.

Meanwhile, to insure Mark is left in peace, and that no one inadvertently flirts with disaster, by being enticed into offering to buy on the back of this valuation thread (which I can see happening ), and for the good of all concerned in collectors corner, I am going to close this thread off. Atb: G.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 07-09-2009 at 09:55 AM. Reason: to close thread.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.