Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Been thinking about the 30 ,( I blame you ) , I spent a lot of time trying to get an Fwb 300 up to 11 fpe managed 10 , on 24 mm piston with 70 mm stroke and a weedy 2.7 mm gauge spring. Ideally I needed 80 mm stroke. So given you have 25 mm piston and a 2.9 spring I reckon 70 mm stroke would squeeze out a useful 10.5 fpe , 5 mm extra stroke should be achievable , would need a proper measure up.
    Hmmm......be nice if that sort of grunt could be coaxed out of the effete little 30, Nick. Others' (far less talented than yourself) efforts I seem to remember were getting harsh approaching 9ft.lbs. Bear in mind also the less substantial build of the little 30.......I'm thinking that if one of your mega tunes could result in 8.5 to 9.0 in .177 whilst still retaining the standard firing cycle, that would be one hell of a result and a most pleasing and usable rifle. Then add the Craigy stock and a muzzle weight or shroud.........yummy!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Another great Boinger Bash event.
    Thanks again Neil for your supreme efforts and hard work in organising a great Bash.
    thanks to Nick for letting me test your lovely converted rifles,I’ll definitely be having my Tx200 done with your 21mm conversion some time in the future .And thanks to everyone who let me shoot there guns Vernal,Gavin ,Pete,Tony,Mark .
    Atb
    Les..
    As always, so lovely to see you, Les.

And that Pro Elite really is something extra-special.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    I think a measure up and a pint is in order mate...
    Make sure you do the measuring before the drinkies, Craigy.

I know so many of us have said it so many times before but what an utterly brilliant, enjoyable and relaxing weekend once again.

There is simply nowhere else on the planet where such nice, genuine, friendly people come together to share great times and great experiences. Glean and share knowledge. Get to see and try so many beautiful and, often, rare guns. Learn new knowledge and pass acquired knowledge on.

Top marks for our wonderful and hard-working host, Neil, for your brilliant organisational skills and making it all come together so seamlessly. Give yourself a big pat on the back, put your feet up and enjoy that well-earned celebratory drink, Neil.

Neil even managed to order in absolutely stunning weather......hardly a breath of wind, the Sun well and truly had his hat on and temperatures were more akin to those of a lovely late August / September day. Perfect.

Missing you lovely people already but looking forward to the 2022 Boinger Bash season already.

Thanks Neil for all that you and your good lady organised for us this weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed the bash and meeting up with all the great bash folks again after so long. And what superb weather for it!!!!

Brilliant cheers

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I know so many of us have said it so many times before but what an utterly brilliant, enjoyable and relaxing weekend once again.

There is simply nowhere else on the planet where such nice, genuine, friendly people come together to share great times and great experiences. Glean and share knowledge. Get to see and try so many beautiful and, often, rare guns. Learn new knowledge and pass acquired knowledge on.

Top marks for our wonderful and hard-working host, Neil, for your brilliant organisational skills and making it all come together so seamlessly. Give yourself a big pat on the back, put your feet up and enjoy that well-earned celebratory drink, Neil.

Neil even managed to order in absolutely stunning weather......hardly a breath of wind, the Sun well and truly had his hat on and temperatures were more akin to those of a lovely late August / September day. Perfect.

Missing you lovely people already but looking forward to the 2022 Boinger Bash season already.
    Well put Tony
    Neil did a fantastic Bash, and I am very grateful for his efforts.
    If 2022 is doable for a Boinger Bash,I am in.
    Atb
    Les..

Can I offer my sincerest thanks to Neil and Tina for your efforts over the weekend. An absolutely great time had by yours truly. A great opportunity to meet up with like minded individuals in a fantastic setting and with such good weather! I'm sure we ought to collectively see what we can do in the future to take the pressure off individuals for the organisation of these events. I can imagine the forward planning Neil (and previously Mick) had to undertake to make these happen. Maybe pooling resources in the future?

Hi Neil,
    I got your message, but your inbox is full. Yes the items you mentioned are both mine. If I post you a parcelbag and some funds, could you possibly post them back to me? (your inbox was full, BTW)

Sincere and warmest thanks Neil for hosting this weekend. It was enormous fun, fantastic to see so many regulars and meet some great new people too. Had an absolute blast, cheers mate

Thanks Mark.
    All messages now deleted.
    I can post them on to you, we will be visiting soon, early next month I believe, if you can wait until then.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Many thanks to Neil and Tina for this weekend it was great. It was great seeing everyone and meeting some new people.
    Thanks too go to Vale Boy who kindly paid for some beers for the attendees.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Can I offer my sincerest thanks to Neil and Tina for your efforts over the weekend. An absolutely great time had by yours truly. A great opportunity to meet up with like minded individuals in a fantastic setting and with such good weather! I'm sure we ought to collectively see what we can do in the future to take the pressure off individuals for the organisation of these events. I can imagine the forward planning Neil (and previously Mick) had to undertake to make these happen. Maybe pooling resources in the future?
    Absolutely, Mark.

And quite a few of us also had chats along the lines of "chipping in" financially if needs be as the last thing we'd ever want is for a great host to be also out of pocket. Neil assures us there's no need on this occasion. But even if the price had to go up in the future to cover rising costs etc., every single person I spoke to would be more than happy to pay more for future events if need be. And The Bash certainly represents true value for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Sincere and warmest thanks Neil for hosting this weekend. It was enormous fun, fantastic to see so many regulars and meet some great new people too. Had an absolute blast, cheers mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Many thanks to Neil and Tina for this weekend it was great. It was great seeing everyone and meeting some new people.
    Thanks too go to Vale Boy who kindly paid for some beers for the attendees.
    Yes, thank you for the beers, Graeme. I did partake a little on Saturday and yesterday evening.

Fun? Fun? Gav and Chris, you had me in stitches yesterday afternoon with those tales.. Excellent entertainment that you'd pay good money for just to enjoy by itself.

Thanks.......

Neil, thanks for your hard work in making the event possible. Amazed at how you booked incredible weather - pleasantly warm, excellent light, no wind - ideal for shooting!

Wills - haven't had the pleasure of meeting you but hope your mum is OK.

Thanks to everyone for a great day and encouraging me to play with so many of your guns.
    If it has a trigger, I'm gonna enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Neil, thanks for your hard work in making the event possible. Amazed at how you booked incredible weather - pleasantly warm, excellent light, no wind - ideal for shooting!

Wills - haven't had the pleasure of meeting you but hope your mum is OK.

Thanks to everyone for a great day and encouraging me to play with so many of your guns.
    I'm sorry I missed you. When we last spoke you said I sold you Nikko scope which I didn't remember. I later recalled that it was Emma's Panamax 8-24. I'm sorry I forgot about that.