Thread: Conman: The ratcatcher

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post
    If nothing else, Brocock themselves are surely going to want to investigate an issue like this on such a recently introduced model.
    But a measured, polite and reasonable approach to them is absolutely paramount otherwise they can (and almost certainly will) stand by the terms and conditions of their warranty.
    Just remember that there's a difference between being assertive and just being an ass.
    Atb
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    I'm not legally qualified, so could be off target here, but it strikes me that if this goes to any kind of court an expert opinion will be required, and the best people to give that opinion are the manufacturers. Sending the rifle to anybody else just adds another layer of excuses for the defence. If it was mine I'd get it straight to the manufacturers for appraisal, ASAP.

I agree wholeheartedly with the above. Sometime ago (2013 or 4) I bought a new rifle, via Pellpax, a premium brand. It had issues with the legendry trigger unit within a year. Due to other things, I did not do anything about it until 14 months had passed. Being polite & reasonable meant the gun was picked up by the dealer, rebuilt, & returned FoC within a couple of weeks.

I know this is a different experience to that of the OP, but sometimes a polite, reasoned approach works best.

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

I wonder why the seller hasn't been on,to put his side of the story on.Atb mick

it does make you wonder why

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    I wonder why the seller hasn't been on,to put his side of the story on.Atb mick
    The words, dirty washing, public, comes to mind.