Thread: Conman: The ratcatcher

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rativity View Post
    The fella hasn’t replied, he shut the conversation down after NO Refund.

Obviously he’s known something was not right, I did think why he was selling it after only 2 weeks, but that wasn’t the case. It’s 4 months old not 2 weeks! which I was told before I bought it, he then asked for bank tranfer.

Something isn’t right here very suspicious

If the rifle is as good as he says it is then why no to refund? Makes me think it was all planned which is obviously dishonest on his part.

He said it maybe be the scope which I said I’d try another (new scope landed today) which I purchased for this rifle looks like that was a waste of money too.

I’ve heard nothing from him, he hasn’t replied here just total shutdown!

He knew before sending it, he has until tomorrow to get in touch and come up with something to sort this bad deal out then I will have no choice but to contact fraud,
    Police and bank which isn’t going to be nice for him..
    Police and Bank? You may as well call Ghostbusters and Batman.
    This is a civil matter

your right no one will be interested

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    your right no one will be interested
    No you are wrong(I mean airgunners are).We are & hoping for a good outcome for you & your boy

Given that subsequent events have shown the rifle actually has a recurring intermittent fault,
    personally I think it tends to support the sellers position that he sold it in 100% excellent working order,
    & as such he was not obliged to give a refund.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Given that subsequent events have shown the rifle actually has a recurring intermittent fault,
    personally I think it tends to support the sellers position that he sold it in 100% excellent working order,
    & as such he was not obliged to give a refund.
    I think the firt part of your statement is right, but the I think the big problem with the seller was his unwillingness to persue the warranty claim himself, which as the origininal owner he could easily have done...

But the title of this thread is clearly misleading with what we know now.
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 01-02-2022 at 03:03 PM.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I think the firt part of your statement is right, but the I think the big problem with the seller was his unwillingness to persue the warranty claim himself, which as the origininal owner he could easily have done...

Yes he could have,
    but he might have bought it used himself & so not had any warranty.
    Equally if he did have a warranty, why would he take it back with the risk that BSA would reject the claim as caused by misuse, which is clearly what he thought was the case.

I agree about the thread title.

I'm watching this thread with interest as Brocock do have some nice airguns, but a watch pot never boils !

Ok

It’s due back today. Spoke to there tec engineers and they are only supplied with two weights of pellets to use when testing so beyond those two types (med weight/heavy) there average accuracy results are between 14mm and 19mm overall and the rifles go out to the shops.

Very nice guy to talk to and answered all my questions.

The reg was slightly high giving 11.8 which explain why I was only getting mid 30ish shots (I tested the day before it was picked up) previously it was doing 40.

I was told 4 different barrels were tested and it seem to shoot the best with mine, so that was left on. Also getting slighter better groups with mag over tray.

So I don’t know really, I did say that I have tried all the pellets in my possession which is a variety of good quality brands, so will have to see what the target card looks like when it lands back today and go from there.

Atb chaps

One more thing, the was a problem when it first came back from Brocock they reported that the magazine wasn’t correct, this was right after ratcatcher sold it to me, people who are saying he didn’t know I’m not sure how you are coming to that conclusion, it was a shotgun right out the box from him, there is no way he wouldn’t have known.
    Last edited by Rativity; 04-02-2022 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I think the big problem with the seller was his unwillingness to persue the warranty claim himself, which as the origininal owner he could easily have done...

Unfortunately, Jon.

With the Ratcatcher's unwillingness to try to correct the situation when contacted, I'm now wondering if the problem had already shown itself before he sold it.

Either way Ratcatcher would have lost sales access or been banned due to his high volume of sales whether there was an underlying problem with the gun or not.

I could change the thread tittle to "Conan the Ratcatcher" if you like --- it would look like a prequel to "Conan the Barbarian" then.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I could change the thread tittle to "Conan the Ratcatcher" if you like --- it would look like a prequel to "Conan the Barbarian" then
    I like it Mick
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177