Thread: Conman: The ratcatcher

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Generally we are aware of the big sellers. Some genuinely do it as part of their hobby and never have any issues. To be fair to the seller here, anything could have happened to the rifle between it leaving him and the buyer receiving it. We've all seen the videos of parcels getting thrown over walls and kicked around the depot. Add to that the numerous sales that he's conducted without any complaints being raised.

I'm playing devil's advocate here by the way, I don't approve at all of the lack of communication and desire to resolve the issue.

"Traders" are constantly having sales access removed, so it's definitely something we try to keep on top of. I think it's fair to say though that following this incident, I personally will have less tolerance for those that appear to be using the forum for their own gain.

It's worth a reminder that we're generally talking about secondhand goods bought unseen without any form of guarantee. There will always be an element of risk.

Take care.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

The reason I said to send it to the member that offered was for him to have a quick look over without taking anything apart as it could be an easy fix like something moved in transit etc and to someone who knows about these guns would be able to pick something like that up quite easily just by firing the rifle. With it being for your son for Christmas this could be the quick and easy way if not then send it to the manufacturer. The person that sold it could of already had it apart for all anyone knows so any warranty would be void anyway. I hope you get a quick resolve to this and your lad enjoys such a lovely Christmas present.

I generally take photos and/or video that is sent to buyer to help them assess the product, and to demonstrate everythimg was working moments before I pack it. I also send pics of the package at the PO counter and 99% I do a tracked or signed for.

If there is something wrong then its just returned and refunded unless it has changed from the pre packing condition.

Its either insured by carrier and claimed for.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill