Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post
If you know it is 4 months old, that suggests that you have either got the original receipt or the shop have confirmed when it was purchased.
So I would be negotiating (without accusations) with both the shop manager and Brocock to either drive to the store (or have it returned) so that they can at least advise you what the issue is. However, based on the title of this thread, I suspect that you may have already burned your bridges with the store.
Because, unfortunately, you don't stand a cat in hells chance of success in either a police claim (not going to happen) or a civil case, because unless the gun was received physically damaged (and immediately recorded/evidenced as such) you just cannot prove your case (or that you have not tampered with it yourself).

Atb
Chris
Very concise & good advice,
I would be inclined to contact Brocock direct at this point explain the shop has declined to aid you & that the original buyer has ceased communication (no need for further detail than that)
leaving you with a seemingly defective 4 month old rifle, with luck they will ask you to return it to them for inspection.