Thread: Conman: The ratcatcher

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There was one down here much the same,
    I forget if it was Tavistock or Launceston but he always had at least a dozen rifles from his "personal private collection" up for sale on freeads,
    a mix of cheap tat or decent rifles that were horribly over priced

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I forget if it was Tavistock or Launceston but he always had at least a dozen rifles from his "personal private collection" up for sale on freeads,
    He was an ex RFD who had built up a collection of several thousand air guns as a retirement fund. Not a bad bloke to deal with and I actually got some very good stuff off him. His advertising and prices might have been a bit surprising but ,talk to him and some very good deals could come out of it.,
    I think it's people who hadn't dealt with Glynn slagged him and gave him an undeserved reputation.
    I was quite happy with 2 reasonable pre WW1 Long Toms ( advertised at £200 each) for £200 the pair, A working but little tatty Gem advertised at £100 but sold to me for £45 and a tidy Medium precision advertised at £200 that I got for £100
    Last edited by WebleyWombler; 01-12-2021 at 11:13 AM. Reason: punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    He was an ex RFD who had built up a collection of several thousand air guns as a retirement fund. Not a bad bloke to deal with and I actually got some very good stuff off him. His advertising and prices might have been a bit surprising but ,talk to him and some very good deals could come out of it.,
    I think it's people who hadn't dealt with Glynn slagged him and gave him an undeserved reputation.
    I was quite happy with 2 reasonable pre WW1 Long Toms ( advertised at £200 each) for £200 the pair, A working but little tatty Gem advertised at £100 but sold to me for £45 and a tidy Medium precision advertised at £200 that I got for £100
    Fair enough, I never went past his prices.

I only ever heard bad things about glyn but I had never dealt with him do not for me to judge I judge by how people deal with me not other people

Quote Originally Posted by Kevmcc View Post
    I only ever heard bad things about glyn but I had never dealt with him do not for me to judge I judge by how people deal with me not other people
    I once contacted RQMS on the back of one of his ads and wanted to make arrangements to view a rifle, which he said he could not accommodate for a couple of days. When I contacted him prior to visiting at the appointed time, I found out he sold the rifle to someone else.

I would not deal with him again after this experience. Others can make their own minds up.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I once contacted RQMS on the back of one of his ads and wanted to make arrangements to view a rifle, which he said he could not accommodate for a couple of days. When I contacted him prior to visiting at the appointed time, I found out he sold the rifle to someone else.

I would not deal with him again after this experience. Others can make their own minds up.

John
    You sure the rifle wasn’t away for months having a full tickle with his airgunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    You sure the rifle wasn’t away for months having a full tickle with his airgunsmith
    HW80guy ?

Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

“Airsmith”, please.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    His name was Glynn something, he got reported to the Devon and Cornwall Firearms licensing department several times but they chose to do nothing, I’m not sure they’d do that now after the recent fatal shooting licensing debacle!