Thread: Wooden Stock repair

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My daughter help me out lol kids of these days knows a lot more than us in these little things lol

Any help or advice how can I repair it will be much appreciated

Simple fix - and due to the stock being painted, you've not got to worry about getting the finish perfect afterwards.
    I'll drop you a PM.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Question

Is the barrel straight ?
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Is the barrel straight ?
    Yeah mate the barrel straight ….

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Simple fix - and due to the stock being painted, you've not got to worry about getting the finish perfect afterwards.
    I'll drop you a PM.
    Thank you brother I got your PM and I reply …. Thank you very much .

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    When it comes to stock repair Craig is the man
    Pete

That's a shame to see that happened, I've repaired several stocks that have split in the grip. As it's a new split it should repair alright. Thin some epoxy down with acetone so it flows and flood the split using a hyperdermic to get the glue in. It's better if you spring the joint open a bit too to enable the glue to fully get into the repair, and then clamp for a couple of days.
    It's my gun originally from ages back and the finish is actually 'ebonised' not painted so in essence it's a dyed stock so you should be ok the clean the joint up after clamping with more acetone.........dom

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    When it comes to stock repair Craig is the man
    Yes indeed …. I bought all what he recommended me to buy and I will follow his instructions step by step next Monday (my day off work) and I will post the result …. Many thanks to Craig help and support.

Quote Originally Posted by massa View Post
    Thank you brother I got your PM and I reply …. Thank you very much .
    No bother, give me a shout if you need.
    Best, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Stock repair

I had to do a similar repair to a Webley Stingray stock.

I used a strong wood glue(Titebond Ultimate) plus a screw going from underneath the back of the gun's action to pull the whole thing together and strengthen the joint.
    Make sure if you put a screw in you use a pilot hole and rebate the hole so the screw head sits flush or below the surface of the wood.

Quote Originally Posted by ricardolamos View Post
    I had to do a similar repair to a Webley Stingray stock.

I used a strong wood glue(Titebond Ultimate) plus a screw going from underneath the back of the gun's action to pull the whole thing together and strengthen the joint.
    Make sure if you put a screw in you use a pilot hole and rebate the hole so the screw head sits flush or below the surface of the wood.
    Having extensive experience in repairing damaged wood and stocks I would suggest the best glue for this repair is Gorilla Glue Clear which comes in a 50ml bottle. Apply a little pressure on the stock to open the crack and dampen the inside of the crack with clean water, apply the glue with a slither of wood to push the glue into the crack. The water will activate the glue and the pressure on the stock can be released to allow the crack to close up, it may need a little pressure with a cramp to help it close up completely. Any surplus glue will be squeezed out and can be cut off with a sharp blade when partially set. There will be no need for any screws or pins as this glue is far stronger than the wood and if the pistol grip cracked again it would be in a different place. It makes the perfect repair.