Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT 2023 - Round 5

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Exclamation Sussex Interclub HFT 2023 - Round 5

Ello (again)

Sunday 9th July sees the SIHFT massive gather at the Horsham Hawks site for Round 5; the first 2023 round at which a special few could receive a Platinum badge.

Open to all safe shooters (with sub 12lb ft rifles) who are members of the hosting clubs (Buxted, Ford, Horsham, MVAC & Mile Oak), plus any member of Iden Fern, MAD and Bisley.

Other individuals will also be welcomed; all we ask is for a brief heads up that you would like to join us by messaging (PM here) either myself if before c.o.p. Tuesday or the Horsham Hawks chairman - hawk1 on BBS - if Wednesday onward.

I will be on an operating table having a new hip installed on Wednesday. Sadly, this means I will miss this SIHFT round (at least) 😟 In my place, Admin for the day (booking in, recording the scores and sorting out the prize draw) will be the willing and very able Alicia and Roger.

Usual Sussex Interclub format. Booking in will commence around 08:30 with the shoot scheduled to start at 10:00, immediately after a Safety Briefing. As you know, you must be at the Safety Brief (and listening rather than chatting!) if you wish to enter the comp.

Please remember that if you wish to partner a specific person or persons (max 3, including you), do not leave booking in too late. That way, we are more likely to be able to ensure a suitable peg is available 🙂

There will be a burger van on site.

For anyone unfamiliar with the Hawks site, the shoot has a postcode of RH12 4SX and the W3W location is ///biggest.statement.halt. It's on the western side of Tower Road, approximately 300m north of the junction of Tower Road at Colegate (near the Dragon public house). Signs and a marshal or two will direct you through the entrance gate and in to a suitable space. Should this fill up, an alternate location will be also clearly signed/directed.

See you soon, I hope 🙂

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Important additional note from the host club

" Course is all set and we are looking forward to seeing you all this Sunday.
    Gates will be open at 8am please follow the Marshalls instructions and park with consideration.
    If the gate to the car park is closed then it is full. Please follow the arrow signs along the road to our over flow car park.
    Hope to see you Sunday.
    Regards Derek
    "
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Sorry no burgers

Hi All
    I am sorry to let you know that there will be no catering at Horsham this coming Sunday.
    The burger van we booked has unfortunately broken down and it doesn't look like he can make it this Sunday.
    As this is last minute I don't hold out much hope of getting a replacement although I will try.
    If anyone has any contact that could help please let me know.
    I apologize on behalf of the club and hope this doesn't put too many of you out.
    I will of course let you know on here if anything changes.
    Regards Derek