Page 57 of 102 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash 16th and 17th September 2023

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Thankfully all ok here Tone. South Wales copped for a bit. Had a couple of roads locally closed due to fallen trees but that’s quite common here anyway.
    All good then, Pauly.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellequin View Post
    Good to hear you're doing better Tony, all OK here ta.

You're right about the trigger on the Stingray amd I've no great expectations for it, certainly not to try and compare it to a Rekord! To be honest though I don't think it's terrible as is, just could probably be a little nicer cleaned up & smoothed out a bit as you say.

I'd considered moving the rifle on to be honest but it's such a handy little thing and the old Birmingham made Webleys have a nice build quality, so it'll stay and possibly one day be joined by a Longbow. If I can ever drop on a nice one when I have a wedge of 'spare' cash handy
    Exactly. Wouldn't be wanting to let a Brummy Stingray / Longbow series go unless I had to. And the Stingrsy trigger is nice and usable. I don't actually even dislike the earlier Vulcan one. Its basic single stage one can break quite predictably.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    Just a thought Tony, but if you manage to get an early appointment for the cataract op (which works wonders) you may want to hang on before ordering new specs, as you will certainly need different ones, really totally different, after the op.
    ATB Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    He's right !
    Thank you, chaps. Yes, I've read and thought about that. If I have it done, it's going to be very strange for a while as, obviously, the prescription in the existing lens will be miles out, which will really screw that eye up then. Guessing I might have to wear an eye patch for a while.......If vision was normal in that eye post-op (doubtful, I think, given how bad my eyes are and astigmatism), the existing lens could be simply removed.......

We'll see.

Going to see that good optometrist tomorrow afternoon and will be guided by her recommendations.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Thank you, chaps. Yes, I've read and thought about that. If I have it done, it's going to be very strange for a while as, obviously, the prescription in the existing lens will be miles out, which will really screw that eye up then. Guessing I might have to wear an eye patch for a while.......If vision was normal in that eye post-op (doubtful, I think, given how bad my eyes are and astigmatism), the existing lens could be simply removed.......

We'll see.

Going to see that good optometrist tomorrow afternoon and will be guided by her recommendations.
    All the best with it Tone !
    “An airgun or two”………

Cheers, John.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    How did you get on with the Optometrist Tone ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Thumbs up

He made a spectacle of himself
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Nothing new there then
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Nothing new there then
    Hahaha!

So the outcome is there's definitely a cataract there and it's affecting vision. She's recommended that I have it done and has said that, once done and with the correct lens in place, as well as being clearer, vision will be much improved. To the point where the prescription for glasses will be infinitely weaker and there should be no looking back. She also recommends having my right eye done. There's the start of a cataract there too. But the main reason is that with just one eye done there will be a huge imbalance with my eyes - one being so much stronger once done, making things tricky. She says that with both eyes done my glasses should be so much thinner, the prescription required only for the astigmatism.

So, not looking forward to having it done but definitely looking forward to better vision. Possibly the best vision I will have ever had as I've needed glasses from a very young age. If all goes well, could be a life-changer.

So, pre-op assessment next Tuesday it is.

Totally understandable that you’re not looking forward to it Tone but it will be worth it. I’ve known a couple of people over the years who have had the op and it has positively transformed their vision.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Both my parents have had it done
    No regrets there
    We will have you shooting the bucket on opens soon!!
    Pete

How’s the shingles Pete ?

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Really weird Paul.
    OK during the day but get really painful in the early hours
    I hate having interrupted sleep
    Pete

How strange

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hahaha!

So the outcome is there's definitely a cataract there and it's affecting vision. She's recommended that I have it done and has said that, once done and with the correct lens in place, as well as being clearer, vision will be much improved. To the point where the prescription for glasses will be infinitely weaker and there should be no looking back. She also recommends having my right eye done. There's the start of a cataract there too. But the main reason is that with just one eye done there will be a huge imbalance with my eyes - one being so much stronger once done, making things tricky. She says that with both eyes done my glasses should be so much thinner, the prescription required only for the astigmatism.

So, not looking forward to having it done but definitely looking forward to better vision. Possibly the best vision I will have ever had as I've needed glasses from a very young age. If all goes well, could be a life-changer.

So, pre-op assessment next Tuesday it is.
    You really don't have to worry about it Tony. I am a total wimp, but have had both mine done with no discomfort. Once the anaesthetic is in your only worry is hearing the team talk about it, you certainly don't feel bad at any stage