Again Clarky, the power of the HW45 is immaterial to this thread. As I say, I've had three and all of them were doing less than 4.5 ft/lbs. Maybe I've just been unlucky?

We'll have to disagree about the prices too, I know for a fact that the 240 Magnum was on sale in some gun shops for £95... My local gun shop back in those days had one on the shelf, I clearly remember the price as I went there one Saturday morning with £95 in my pocket to buy it, only to find that it had been sold in the previous few days. No matter, I got one eventually, liked it so much I bought another! This gun shop was not one of the cheapest by a long chalk, I bet Ramsbottom's would probably have knocked ten or fifteen quid off that price.

We're just restating our positions now... The fact is that preference in guns (like everything else in life) is different for different people, I like my 240 Magnums a lot, even though they have one or two faults. Technically great though it is, the HW45, like other Weihrauch products, it just leaves me cold somehow, but then I don't like BMWs, Mercedes or Audis either, excellent cars though they are.