Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
Standing shots, yes. The distance will be 6 yards, from your toes to the target.

AND, here's the scoop about our current Police Pistol matches.

We shoot monthly, commencing on the fourth Saturday of each month, and ending at 2200 UK time on the Sunday of the weekend following.

We fire 30 shots, in three distinct Stages.

Stage 1 commences with loaded pistol in hand(s). pointed down at a 45 degree angle. You have one minute to raise pistol, acquire sights, fire 6 rounds: then, with the clock still running, either reload the same magazine, or switch to a separate one (simulating using a speedloader or fresh magazine while under fire), and firing six more rounds.

Stage 2 commences same way, but you have 2 seconds to raise-acquire-fire: then 5 seconds to lower and make ready for the next shot. Repeat 6 times.

Then you reload, change targets (not required, but it makes scoring easier), and repeat for 6 more rounds,

Stage 3: identical with Stage 2, except that it's double taps - 2 rounds fired each time pistol is raised - and only 6 rounds total are fired.

Scoring is on honor system. Scores are turned in to me, NOT announced publicly. When the event closes, I announce the results.

A month is a Round. Scores are cumulated for 6 Rounds, and then the Season's results are announced. Then a new Season starts.

Rules are simple: distance is 6 yards. The only equipment required is any air pistol that can be fired 6 times quickly without having to reload: the targets, that you print out from here: and 6 yards of shooting space, with a safe backdrop.

Any questions?

Jim
Thanks Jim

Sounds like fun...need a co2 pistol now then

like the idea of 10m target shooting at the moment...maybe a co2 pistol when I have some money :P