Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of these ?

What do you think of these ?

I thought you may wish to see these items.

They have been in a collection for many years and have re surfaced.

They are all fully working miniature scale models of the real pistols and a rifle. Yes they actually do fire pellets.

I believe they were featured in an article in an Airgun Magazine some 25 -30 years ago.

If anyone has a copy of the article or knows where I can find a copy I would be interested in buying one.

Hopefully the link attached will take you to the photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9427154...7633063087286/

I am currently green with envy and drooling

what a superb things.

Charles

What a nice collection

Quote Originally Posted by erichtfisherman View Post
    I thought you may wish to see these items.

They have been in a collection for many years and have re surfaced.

They are all fully working miniature scale models of the real pistols and a rifle. Yes they actually do fire pellets.

I believe they were featured in an article in an Airgun Magazine some 25 -30 years ago.

If anyone has a copy of the article or knows where I can find a copy I would be interested in buying one.

Hopefully the link attached will take you to the photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9427154...7633063087286/

There is something about miniature reproductions that always make them immediately attractive, especially when they are as of such high quality as these particular examples. Do you have any idea who made them or if they were all made by the same obviously talented engineer ?

Regards

Brian

miniature pistols

They were all made by a dutch chap who lived in the uk he was a plumber by trade and made these in his spare time.
    He sadly passed away some years ago.

I am trying to obtain more information about them. I think they appeared in an article in Airgun World Mag approx 25 -30 years ago but thats only from searching this website. So if anyone has any information about them I would be grateful.

The Webley pistol is fully functioning cocks and fires. The pellet tin contains tiny lead pellets which can be made with the little mould in the box.
    The finish is very good as can be seen.

The BSA Airsporter is .177 calibre it cocks and fires and the loading tap opens as a real one would. Very authentic but the barrel is not tapered as a real one would.

The Diana also cocks and fires the patina is exactly as a real one would be.

Smashing collectable items.

They were all made by a dutch chap who lived in the uk he was a plumber by trade and made these in his spare time.
    He sadly passed away some years ago.

I am trying to obtain more information about them. I think they appeared in an article in Airgun World Mag approx 25 -30 years ago but thats only from searching this website. So if anyone has any information about them I would be grateful.

The Webley pistol is fully functioning cocks and fires. The pellet tin contains tiny lead pellets which can be made with the little mould in the box.
    The finish is very good as can be seen.

The BSA Airsporter is .177 calibre it cocks and fires and the loading tap opens as a real one would. Very authentic but the barrel is not tapered as a real one would.

The Diana also cocks and fires the patina is exactly as a real one would be.

Smashing collectable items.
    Fascinating,

Have you contacted "Airgun World" directly as they once supplied me with a xerox copy of a very old article from their archive ?

Regards

Brian

Thanks Brian i'll contact them. Regards Tim

Those are awsome! If it hadn't been for the ruler I would have never guessed they are minitures.
    hoplophobe

Cool

Thanks for sharing those, they're exquisite.

The photos started me on a web search, and it's a whole new (miniature) world out there...

-De Walt 1/3rd scale Webley senior ~ YouTube link

-1/3rd scale BSA Break barrel, and apparently an HW77 also at 1/3rd scale.

I think the De Walt 3rd scale is a normal sized pistol being handled by a giant wearing gloves lol
    Dave

Thanks Brian i'll contact them. Regards Tim
    Hello Tim,

I bet "Airgun World" would love to do an up to date article on these lovely miniature reproductions. Perhaps you could use this as an incentive for them to dig out what information they have buried in the archive ?

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Regards

Brian

i for one dont believe it... anybody could just go and make big ruler... very very nice guns though!

Donald

I think I can remember the article, I'd say pre '80 & maybe even the first year of publication as a starting place, if I was still in a position to search the back copies...

I just love miniature; those are just beautiful. As often the case better than the real thing! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Wonderful stuff !

Brider.
    “An airgun or two”………