Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rifles you never see on here ..

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Rifles you never see on here ..

There are some fairly rare rifles cropping up on the BBS from time to time, but there are some that don't seem to make it on here. Like John Whiscombe's PCP the JW100, BSA's sidelever Canberra and Webley's ill-fated break-barrel pistol the Zulu. Then there are the German guns like the tiny Schmeisser P60, the Falke repeater with the rotary 6-shot mag and the Weihrauch HW15 designed for the 5 to 8 age group. Then there is the Canadian 'Mountie', the only air-rifle ever to be sold with a tripod carriage. Where are they all?

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Webley Zulu break-barrel pistol? I have never heard of that one - tell me more, please!

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    There are some fairly rare rifles cropping up on the BBS from time to time, but there are some that don't seem to make it on here. Like Webley's ill-fated break-barrel pistol the Zulu.
    If you turn one up, I want one! I am guessing that this would be a 3.5ftlb break barrel similar to the Diana Modell 5/Slavia ZVP design but only available in the "Man's Calibre" of .22 although a .25 smoothbore would have been able to be ordered? I hear the box was going to contain a dozen card targets of Zulus with spears and shields? Now why has nobody repro-ed them? Better still ( off thread) tin men versions

"Do you think the Welsh can't do better than that Owen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1csr0dxalpI
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Actually I have one of those Falke repeaters, but am notoriously cagey about which guns in my collection I show off in public...

What I'd really love to see is the Diana 59, a sort of Webley Service on steroids based on the BSA Military Pattern, with interchangeable barrels, that was shelved in 1939 as war broke out. I'm not sure it got beyond the prototype stage.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Actually I have one of those Falke repeaters, but am notoriously cagey about which guns in my collection I show off in public...

What I'd really love to see is the Diana 59, a sort of Webley Service on steroids based on the BSA Military Pattern, with interchangeable barrels, that was shelved in 1939 as war broke out. I'm not sure it got beyond the prototype stage.
    Yes, they are really something, and such an improvement on the Mk II. The addition of the full-length stock made them alot more comfortable and the extra weight damped the reverse spring-surge.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    Webley Zulu break-barrel pistol? I have never heard of that one - tell me more, please!
    OK, so I fell for it.

By way of retaliation can I ask if anyone knows of a recoilless spring air pistol with a unique floating compression chamber in the grip that was briefly produced in the 1970’s? You might say a hybrid between the Walther LP53 and FWB 65, but with better looks than both. It was developed specifically for international competition shooting. Am I kidding or not?

You might be surprised.

Angry A production gun?

darned if I know John!

Thumbs up

I don't have any rare guns but I have one mighty strange one!!

The 'Wild Life'!!

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Wish I had a .25" barrel for it

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Good heavens, don't things like that have to go through some kind of production approval process and like, get stopped? Who would want one of those, it is actually the most hideous air-rifle I have ever seen. Is it a Gamo?

The 'Wild Life' - nuke from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!

Smile

Ha ha!!

It's made by Umarex and remnds me of something that would be on Captain Scarlet or SoylentGreen!! 😂😂😂

John 👍

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Ha ha!!

It's made by Umarex and remnds me of something that would be on Captain Scarlet or SoylentGreen!! 😂😂😂

John 👍
    Deffo Captain Scarlett or Blakes Seven ... Soylent Green was oldschool M16s and Smith & Wesson revolvers .. Just been thinking about that film. I wonder if that is the way things will go... nature ultimately ground up by rampant capitalism and the rich enjoying the last trees and eating the last real food while the rest of humanity feeds on itself...

bright idea

Johnbaz, that wont win any prizes in a beauty contest!
    why dont you just....... "give it back" ......to who ever gave it you?
    eric

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    OK, so I fell for it.

By way of retaliation can I ask if anyone knows of a recoilless spring air pistol with a unique floating compression chamber in the grip that was briefly produced in the 1970’s? You might say a hybrid between the Walther LP53 and FWB 65, but with better looks than both. It was developed specifically for international competition shooting. Am I kidding or not?

You might be surprised.
    Hang on, John. I've just visualised this and got an anti-recoil device that cancelled out up and down movement but not forward/rearward travel. At that point I think my brain froze up.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I don't have any rare guns but I have one mighty strange one!!

The 'Wild Life'!!

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Wish I had a .25" barrel for it

John
    John I think it's called the 'Wildlife' because it's so gross that after buying it you'd want to take it out in the bush somewhere and quietly bury it...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

Hee hee hee!!

I think everyone is envious of this fine example of airgunning history!��

My mum used to have Chinese crested hairless dogs, one called Gizzy, she wasn't the scrawny pointed snout version but rather Stocky little thing with an undercut jaw! She was so ugly that she was beautiful!!����

Much like the wildlife ������
    Last edited by johnbaz; 12-04-2016 at 07:10 PM.