Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I've shot 2 different ones Charlie and one in particular quite a lot. My mate bought one and did a fair bit of fettling as it was a bit rough straight out of the box. He managed to get it to a decent set up but chopped it in when a really nice HW100 came up for sale. IMHO the trigger is the worst part and took quite few weeks of tinkering and set up to get it anywhere near decent, initially i don't think i've ever felt a set up with as much second stage creep. For the money they aren't a bad rifle but i'd personally try to find a sound SH HW100.

Thing is Charlie, it's your money and if you like the look then sod it, go and buy one. I think you would probably like it once you'd sorted out the trigger and found the right pellet for the barrel. It wasn't the worst pellet fussy rifle i've known but not the best either. Batch 8 JSB 4.52's seemed to work well.
Mine has zero creep out of the box. I cannot adjust it light enough for my preference though. Next project is a trigger fettle.

The Compatto in basic form is a lot cheaper than HW100 and less of a plank/lump. They can be every bit as accurate.