Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
Hiya.
I bought mine about a year or so after the production date of yours. Mine is also in .22 and is the Firebird model with the medallion set into the underside of the pistol grip.

I've not really shot the gun for any extended period of time. Mainly due to the number of other guns I own i.e gun time gets spread over lots of different models. I've used standard two piece mounts on mine over the years but with the recoil pin set into one of the ramp recess holes set within the ramp surface. I can't recall having any problems of scope shift at all. And zero is held pretty good.

I do know in high power form these guns can be scope destroyers however. So it may be prudent to either start out with a cheap scope with yours until you can assess how kind it will be to a scope 😉 or perhaps in time even consider a scope with a dampening system built in.

From memory I have had to shim the rear mount on my 52 to get the scope and bore to align. I've had to do the same with a few HWs down the years as well.

Good luck with yours. They are fine guns.

Dave
Thanks Dave , I've seen pics on the net here with the scope stop holes gouged out I believe they are around 19 fpe here , I have a couple of old cheap scopes I'm going to try first