Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn Bash, 9th and 10th Oct - Event and Payment Details

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I hope all goes well Will
    Pete

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Absolutely wonderful to see all you lovely peeps again.

The very best of times spent amongst the finest company in such lovely, relaxing surroundings.

Neil, a big thank you once again for the hard work in planning and making it happen. You're a star.

It's always lovely to see every single one of The Boingerpeeps and it was great to talk to so many.

A few special highlights and observations:-

Pete, don't sell the '97; it's lovely.

WOW! To those lovely TXs that Nick brought along. Truly, truly lovely with the most refined and unobtrusively polite firing cycles ever and with minimal sight picture disturbance and resulting easy-to-tap-into accuracy.

Another WOW to Craigy's extra special little HW30 with beautiful one-off ash stock. A truly wondrous creation and such brilliant firing manners. I must make one!

LGV - why, oh why, did Umarex / Walther stop producing these modern day classics?

Michael - that 280. I'm sure a little application of dampening grease will improve manners further. And playing with some barrel weights may yield some pleasing results.

Mr Clogger - thank you for the HW45 play. Loved it and the chat, as ever.

Gav - What an excellent find with the Venom (hopefully) Vulcan.

And, surprise of the day goes to Pete, looknohands. Pete, you're a little tinker for keeping your planned attendance hush, hush! But what a nice surprise to finally get to meet you. I hope you had a most excellent time.. And I'll hang onto that stock for you.

Have a great time this evening, peeps, and I look forward to seeing you in the morning for more boingery fun and quality chit chats.
    I had a fantastic day in beautiful surroundings and with great people, many thanks to you all and especially Neil for hosting the bash, as I live closer now, I shall be attending more in the future and enjoying the relaxed and friendly atmosphere which is the legendary boinger bash, their was some very nice rifles being handed about for all to be able to try and I have to admit that the custom HW30 was a real beauty and even the standard one was nice.

It was a real pleasure to finally meet you Tone and I'm glad I surprised you, roll on the next one.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Thanks chaps. She's still in at the moment waiting for a medical decision on whether she needs to stay in and go onto a ward or can be discharged. I'll have to be on standby so I don't think I'm going to make it unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Thanks Neil for another sterling job. An absolutely fantastic event. Some lovely guns and those which Nick had worked his magic on were unbelievable.
    Watching Craig hit that bucket standing makes me realise how far off the pace I am.
    I think Neil180 could do with an axe rather than a gun with all the wood he chopped up.
    That Vulcan of Gav's was a lovely rifle.
    Great meeting up with you all again and I can't wait until the next one.
    Once again, a big thank you Neil.
    Not at all, mate - you more than held your own and gave a very impressive display on those seventy odd yard ducks. Tremendous shooting.

It’s just like I told you, those trigger guards of mine improve accuracy no end
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    I may be eating my words slightly there. Spent the whole night sitting in A&E with my mum as she's got a chest infection. Got booted out at 4:10 and have just gotten home for hopefully a couple of hours kip until they ring me to go collect her. If I still make it, I might be a tad later than planned.
    Very best wishes, mate. Hope she’s on the mend soon enough.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Thanks very much to Neil and Mrs Neil. What more could you want, cracking sunshine, cracking location, fish, chips, curry, free beer, yes, free beer. Every eventuality catered for. Well trousered sir!

Cheers Graeme.

Dave and Verity
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ah, didn't get to try Les's Pro Elite yesterday. I'll try and blag a few shots with it today.
    Vernal's LGV was, most certainly, lovely. Just a few mods to Jim's recipe and it's made all the difference. And, as I said earlier, it's so sad that they're no longer produced following all the fanfare at its introduction, the 25mm layout, bearings and the rock solid breech arrangement with that brilliant manual latch.

I've said for ages how I'd love to see a HFT in slightly shorter range format. Opening it up, maybe, to more clubs if space is at a premium. Reduced size kill zones, maybe. A properly fettled and sorted 30, like that beauty of Craig's, would be simply awesome.

And your TXs were, as ever, positively lovely, sir.
    Been thinking about the 30 ,( I blame you ) , I spent a lot of time trying to get an Fwb 300 up to 11 fpe managed 10 , on 24 mm piston with 70 mm stroke and a weedy 2.7 mm gauge spring. Ideally I needed 80 mm stroke. So given you have 25 mm piston and a 2.9 spring I reckon 70 mm stroke would squeeze out a useful 10.5 fpe , 5 mm extra stroke should be achievable , would need a proper measure up.

Another great Boinger Bash event.
    Thanks again Neil for your supreme efforts and hard work in organising a great Bash.
    thanks to Nick for letting me test your lovely converted rifles,I’ll definitely be having my Tx200 done with your 21mm conversion some time in the future .And thanks to everyone who let me shoot there guns Vernal,Gavin ,Pete,Tony,Mark ,Mike.
    Atb
    Les..
    Last edited by les allam; 10-10-2021 at 07:34 PM.

Cheers Neil, awesome

Also a BIG THANK YOU to your lovely missus for doing the curry run
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Another great Boinger Bash event.
    Thanks again Neil for your supreme efforts and hard work in organising a great Bash.
    thanks to Nick for letting me test your lovely converted rifles,I’ll definitely be having my Tx200 done with your 21mm conversion some time in the future .And thanks to everyone who let me shoot there guns Vernal,Gavin ,Pete,Tony,Mark .
    Atb
    Les..
    I forgot about trying your Pro Elite but I'm glad I got to try your lovely Sidewinder, I'm tempted to get my Prosport converted to 21/22mm, although I didn't manage to shoot either of the converted TX's.

Hopefully I can have a go at the next bash with your PE and Sidewinder and I'll bring some more of my rifles to try.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Been thinking about the 30 ,( I blame you ) , I spent a lot of time trying to get an Fwb 300 up to 11 fpe managed 10 , on 24 mm piston with 70 mm stroke and a weedy 2.7 mm gauge spring. Ideally I needed 80 mm stroke. So given you have 25 mm piston and a 2.9 spring I reckon 70 mm stroke would squeeze out a useful 10.5 fpe , 5 mm extra stroke should be achievable , would need a proper measure up.
    I think a measure up and a pint is in order mate...

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I forgot about trying your Pro Elite but I'm glad I got to try your lovely Sidewinder, I'm tempted to get my Prosport converted to 21/22mm, although I didn't manage to shoot either of the converted TX's.

Hopefully I can have a go at the next bash with your PE and Sidewinder and I'll bring some more of my rifles to try.

Pete
    Hi Pete
    It was nice to finally see you at a Boinger bash and glad that you enjoyed the experience.
    I liked shooting your .25 bsa supersport ldwink, I will be bringing the P/E and Sidewinder again and hope to have a play with your guns and anyone else’s who will let me.
    Regards
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I had a fantastic day in beautiful surroundings and with great people, many thanks to you all and especially Neil for hosting the bash, as I live closer now, I shall be attending more in the future and enjoying the relaxed and friendly atmosphere which is the legendary boinger bash, their was some very nice rifles being handed about for all to be able to try and I have to admit that the custom HW30 was a real beauty and even the standard one was nice.

It was a real pleasure to finally meet you Tone and I'm glad I surprised you, roll on the next one.

Pete
    So lovely to finally meet you, Pete. I thought it might never happen.

Great to see and hear you enjoyed it and I'll look forward to seeing you for many more Boingering memories.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Willenium View Post
    Thanks chaps. She's still in at the moment waiting for a medical decision on whether she needs to stay in and go onto a ward or can be discharged. I'll have to be on standby so I don't think I'm going to make it unfortunately
    Best wishes Will and I hope she is feeling much better very soon.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Thanks very much to Neil and Mrs Neil. What more could you want, cracking sunshine, cracking location, fish, chips, curry, free beer, yes, free beer. Every eventuality catered for. Well trousered sir!

Cheers Graeme.

Dave and Verity
    So nice to see you and those wonderful doggies again. You were looking well chilled and relaxed peeps.