Morning

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything from the seller and he hasn't been back on the forum since.

I haven't given up, but at this point it looks unlikely that he's going to volunteer to assist with the solution.

To be entirely fair to both parties, from what has been written, it is impossible for forum moderators or members to determine where blame lies in this episode. It is regrettable though that help in resolving it hasn't been forthcoming from the seller. I must also state that things happen and he may simply not have been able to get on for a while.

The seller in question has enjoyed a huge amount of free advertising on this forum and has had significant benefit. This will of course now stop.

Anyway, moving forward, you will have to take whatever action you now feel appropriate. Please keep me updated if you have any joy or otherwise.

On the bright side, another member with some experience in this type of issue has offered to inspect your gun free of charge and advise you on a specific issue he feels may be the cause of the problem. This may help get your son his Christmas present on time, which would be some consolation. If you are interested in this offer, please let me know and I'll pass you his details.

Dave