Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
Nope. Never had this issue at all. Whack in some more grub screws but it isnt necessary imh

Inhave found the 100 to be very resiliant indeed as is. Many a time I have tapped the nartel ( I do a lot of vehicle shooting) so contacting doors or such happens. Neverchad a single shift in zero
Out of interest Steyr,

Is your experience mainly K or with full lengths?

What’s brought this up is on my full length even just standing the rifle in the cabinet it’s extremely obvious there is barrel movement even with the interference fit OEM barrel band and o ring still in situ.

Which makes me wonder why it’s actually fitted in the first place.

The OEM grubscrew is nipped up and I’m aware go too tight and it can cause breech issues so it’s literally small end of Allen key nipped up as per the usual advice just enough to stop any spinning from the usual stuck silencer routine which usually is what upsets them.

But it does not give me any confidence to do a full free floating barrel knowing that the barrel has slight movement.

It’s not a biggy and don’t get me wrong as you mention maybe a storm in a teacup but from many other threads and searches I’ve noticed quite a few back in the day did the extra grubscrew(s) modification for this exact problem.

Maybe I just have a particularly sloppy example or it becomes more obvious once a barrel has ever been spun or removed and refitted etc.