Quote Originally Posted by CB200 View Post
Thanks for the encouragement - I shot 494 last Sunday, so 500 not too far off.
I’ve bought and read the Ragnar Skanaker book Master Competitive Pistol Shooting, which I found very good. I started off with the Gamo Pistol Cup pellets, which came with the gun - some very tight in breech.
Progressed onto Bisley Practice, which were good. I’ve been shooting mostly RWS Diablo Basics - cheap and good. Tried some Gamo Match recently after seeing a review on them on Pyramid Air - some were so tight they wouldn’t fire!
494, that's coming on. Skanaker is a good source of information, well worth following the guidance in it, but keep in mind although much works for many not everything works for all, as we are all individuals it sometimes happens that we have to adapt some aspect to suit our individuality, but it's a good starting point.

Interesting about the Gamo Match pellets being too tight in your barrel. I was going to suggest that you might like to try them as a possibility if you hadn't already done so. It's a good idea to try a few types to find which pellets suit your own pistol as some are more suited than others. It's not even possible to say brand x pellets always shoot well in a model y gun. Barrels, even within a particular model may well exhibit a 'preferance' of one pellet or another. There's a wide choice available nowadays & with the size variations available it can get to be expensive & involved in finding the very best one for your pistol. I've tried a few, i like Hobby pellets, they seem generally pretty good, but match pellets from RWS or H&N are my first choice.