Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Come back LGV, we miss you really

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    2.6mm

just needs a reamer - the "skill" is similar to driving in a screw...
    Ok Jon
    Do you ream it from the back(inside the cylinder) or the front (breech end) ?
    Les..

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Ok Jon
    Do you ream it from the back(inside the cylinder) or the front (breech end) ?
    Les..
    I tend to do both to ensure it's all burr free... just go easy, don't force the tool in there
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Sorry, Competition Ultra. The model with adjustable comb and muzzleweight with dovetail and unf thread.
    Ha I see.
    My one is the master pro ,still a hefty rifle.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I tend to do both to ensure it's all burr free... just go easy, don't force the tool in there
    Cheers Jon
    Going in steady as never been my best point.
    I have been known to be a bit heavy handed :rolleyes.
    Atb
    Les..

[QUOTE=Craig-P;8126134]Really hope you can make it, Les - i’d very much like to try a standard model.
    Does anyone know how easy it is to change the barrel on an LGV? I’ve been offered a .22 but want a .177.
    Thanks, Craig[/QUOTE
    If you are on about taking it out of the breach block , then I don't know, otherwise dead easy.
    Noticed a few have mentioned how nice Vern's shot cycle is , mine had the same tune ish ( mine has an o ring sealed piston) I believe vernals struggles to make power and is circa 10 fpe, he will confirm. Mine makes power easily 11.6 with a tx MK3 spring and 30 mm pre load , my cycle is faster than vernals though still very nice. Just for info.

If I can make it to the May Boinger Bash (impending house move) I will bring my LGV along to compare it too Vernals one.
    My one is totally standard.
    Les..
    Hi mate
    I will bring it for sure ldwink.
    I definitely don’t want to miss out on a Boinger bash,if I can help it.
    Les..
    Really hoping you do manage to get along, Les. It simply wouldn't be the same without you.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Really hoping you do manage to get along, Les. It simply wouldn't be the same without you.
    Cheers Tony
    I am looking forward to meeting up with you and all the Boinger folk.
    Les..

[QUOTE=NickG;8126181]
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Really hope you can make it, Les - i’d very much like to try a standard model.
    Does anyone know how easy it is to change the barrel on an LGV? I’ve been offered a .22 but want a .177.
    Thanks, Craig[/QUOTE
    If you are on about taking it out of the breach block , then I don't know, otherwise dead easy.
    Noticed a few have mentioned how nice Vern's shot cycle is , mine had the same tune ish ( mine has an o ring sealed piston) I believe vernals struggles to make power and is circa 10 fpe, he will confirm. Mine makes power easily 11.6 with a tx MK3 spring and 30 mm pre load , my cycle is faster than vernals though still very nice. Just for info.
    Knock yours down to 10 . Then people will say it shoots nice too. ........No. really . You're welcome .

[QUOTE=NickG;8126181]
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Really hope you can make it, Les - i’d very much like to try a standard model.
    Thanks, Craig[/QUOTE
    Thank you mate.
    I'm talking about taking it out of the block and a .177 barrel being refitted. I'm hoping it's a straightforward affair - I could have a longer barrel fitted too, which would be beneficial to me in a couple of ways.
    It'll be coming to you when/if it shows up for the treatment too.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

The tune in mine is really a DIY affair open the port up and make a guide for the mk 3 spring, the only other thing I might do is take s skim off the piston to lose a little weight.I would be happy to do it for you .
    On another note the century seems to be fetching close to the same money as the Lgv so probably best to hang in for an Lgv.

[QUOTE=hmangphilly;8126219]
    Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post

Knock yours down to 10 . Then people will say it shoots nice too. ........No. really . You're welcome .
    🙄 My cycle is how I like em so not a Biggie.
    Vernal is having problems getting his to do anymore fpe, he has tried an o ring head as well, mine is the opposite. I believe he has a bigger issue maybe a leaking sleeve, not heard of the lgv suffering this, but the symptoms are classic off it.

Hi Nick
    My Lgv is doing about 10.5 fp in standard tune,Tinbum made me up some pre load washers that I asked him for to increase the power a little.
    I haven’t fitted any yet.
    Les..
    P s
    What is the going rate for a Lgv or Century?.
    Last edited by les allam; 12-03-2022 at 09:17 AM.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Doing a little digging last night, and allegedly the impetus for the LGV range being discontinued was the mould for the trigger housing wore out and Umarex decided it wasn't financially viable to make another.

As regards power, mine has sat solidly at mid 11's since day 1. Vernal could well have a leaky breach but that would be the first LGV I've heard of with this problem.
    Good deals with these members

What is the going rate for a Lgv or Century?.
    If you’ve got a .177 LGV mate, I’ve seen them going for about £75-£100 - give me a bell and I’ll come and take it out of your way...ldgrin

I’ve no idea to be fair. I’ve been offered a .22 LGV for £350 but I think it’s a bit rough.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post

As regards power, mine has sat solidly at mid 11's since day 1. Vernal could well have a leaky breach but that would be the first LGV I've heard of with this problem.
    Nooooooooooo! Not the LGV as well?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!