Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer bash 16th and 17th July 2022

Hope the first night was an enjoyable one, lads.
    I wasn't going to bring these as I really don't want to load them all in the car and then bring them all back again - but I've just filled the car up with a collection of cheap / cosmetically challenged springer projects ( all running and all sub £50 ) and a few optics. They all need to go and are perfect for anyone wanting to tinker or gift to youngsters etc.
    I'll be there Saturday morning, so don't spend all your dough on beer and chips this evening...

See you tomorrow, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    I wasn't going to bring these as I really don't want to load them all in the car and then bring them all back again - but I've just filled the car up with a collection of cheap / cosmetically challenged springer projects ( all running and all sub £50 ) and a few optics. They all need to go and are perfect for anyone wanting to tinker or gift to youngsters etc.
    I'll be there Saturday morning, so don't spend all your dough on beer and chips this evening...

See you tomorrow, Craig
    Sounds interesting.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Sounds interesting.
    There’s even a SuperStar stock amongst it all...

Bloody good job I can't make it then Craig.

I don't think Shirl believes me anymore when I tell her "I fed it a pellet and it followed me home".

The best one was when I took 3 guns to the bash and managed to sneak back in home with 10.

Have a good weekend folks.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Neil I've just sent my payment for Karen and me (and the bloody dog) to come camping for the weekend.

Pete
    Finished repairing the lathe this morning, made your parts this afternoon 👍, so will bring them tomorrow 🙂

Have a wonderful weekend you lucky attendees, I shall be sitting fretting not far away as we didn't make it to Devon after all. Unfortunately my wife caught the horrid covid, ( don't know why I didn't but heigh ho) which meant meant we couldn't go. Fortunately she wasn't too bad, and we are now just waiting for a negative test before we can go out and join the world again.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    The best one was when I took 3 guns to the bash and managed to sneak back in home with 10.
    All the best Mick
    Mick, that is a talent indeed.
    I managed to convince my Mrs (at the time) that my .22 HW95 had gone to ISP and they’d converted it into a .223 Sako - but turning 3 guns into 10 is absolute alchemy!
    If there’s anything left tomorrow I’ll drop it over to you.
    Best, Craig

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Finished repairing the lathe this morning, made your parts this afternoon 👍, so will bring them tomorrow 🙂
    Wonderful stuff, thank you Nick, I have some money on me, so I'll settle up with you tomorrow.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Well, I got up and tried but it just isn't happening. See you in September gang
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Well chaps, a quick squint at the ospreys at Rutland water, pop into the showground for a whizz round the bird show then should be in time for the pub for fish and chips later.

Might even pop a pellet or to in the direction of the bucket.

Ciao.
    Sounding like you're coming to The Bash, Dave?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

See you tomorrow, Craig
    Ooo-er!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Bloody good job I can't make it then Craig.

I don't think Shirl believes me anymore when I tell her "I fed it a pellet and it followed me home".

Have a good weekend folks.

All the best Mick
    Mick, that is a talent indeed.
    I managed to convince my Mrs (at the time) that my .22 HW95 had gone to ISP and they’d converted it into a .223 Sako - but turning 3 guns into 10 is absolute alchemy!
    If there’s anything left tomorrow I’ll drop it over to you.
    Best, Craig
    Amazing talents, chaps........

And, Mick, thank you for the well wishes. Really wish you could be here.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Well, I got up and tried but it just isn't happening. See you in September gang
    Bugger!

So, so sorry to hear this, Pete. Of all the times.. Best wishes for a swift and full easing of symptoms. See you in a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    Have a wonderful weekend you lucky attendees, I shall be sitting fretting not far away as we didn't make it to Devon after all. Unfortunately my wife caught the horrid covid, ( don't know why I didn't but heigh ho) which meant meant we couldn't go. Fortunately she wasn't too bad, and we are now just waiting for a negative test before we can go out and join the world again.
    Sorry to hear this, Michael. To have your plans scuppered due to clashing with a family trip / holiday is one thing. But then having that scuppered further due to this horrible virus (oooooh, let's just try and ignore it and let it run amok!) and missing out despite your close proximity is a double slap.

I hope your good lady is feeling well and that you are both able to join us out here again.

Stay safe and cool and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

YAY!

It's Bash Day for us Saturday peeps.

I hope all you lucky earlier travellers had safe, uneventful trips and have been enjoying a super time there.

Guns, pellets etc ready for loading into the car.

Can't wait to see you all again.